Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Wisdom Teeth - quick question

(5 Posts)
MooseBeTimeForSnow Wed 23-Oct-13 19:38:52

If the pain subsides once it's erupted you'll just need to ensure you don't trap any food between it and your gums. I've had one removed but it was lying flat next to my other molars and moving sideways, not vertically. A facial surgeon had to take it out. The painkillers he prescribed would have flattened an elephant!

TessCackle Wed 23-Oct-13 10:55:53

maybe look for a new dentist? I was in pain for weeks and weeks after eruption and had to have them out because my jaws so small blush

Pain stopped straight after extraction!

Thingymajiggy Tue 22-Oct-13 22:41:41

Thanks for reply Tess, I think its mostly from the eruption and pain back towards my jaw. Only on day two but have had the odd twinge for months. I'll ring my dentist tomo but it doesnt help that he's a three hour drive away since we just moved house!

TessCackle Tue 22-Oct-13 22:35:29

Do you feel like the pain is from it erupting or from the effect the eruption has had on your other teeth/space?

I think that's the main issue, if the pain is prolonged after eruption I think most dentists will advise extraction. HTH

Thingymajiggy Tue 22-Oct-13 22:30:43

Arraaaagh....my lower left wisdom tooth has erupted.
Ok so maybe I'm being a bit of a drama queen about the pain but its really quite sore and i've been taking painkillers.
Do I need to visit the dentist? I have been in and out getting work done the last few months and he never mentioned anything about my wisdom teeth...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now