Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Open for tea in Teacake Towers

(228 Posts)
tunnocksteacake Tue 15-Oct-13 13:17:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummylin Sun 20-Oct-13 23:33:16

Maybe somone on here who lives in that area could help you, you know there will always be someone to help. Start a thread calling for mumsnet tears in Scotland and mark it Urgent . Good luck

mummylin Sun 20-Oct-13 23:34:10

Mumsnet. Tears = mumsnetters

tunnocksteacake Sun 20-Oct-13 23:48:56

tunnocksteacake Sun 20-Oct-13 23:50:31

tunnocksteacake Mon 21-Oct-13 00:04:28

mummylin Mon 21-Oct-13 00:04:58

Oh sorry I thought you wanted somewhere in Scotland. Where did you want in particular ? How far down south

tunnocksteacake Mon 21-Oct-13 00:18:32

PrivatePeaceful Mon 21-Oct-13 00:20:26

Oh Tunnocks, no wonder you feel this way. Are you able to move both appointments to the new year? It sounds like this week away with the family would be a much needed medicine for you all.

What is keeping your dd awake at night?

tunnocksteacake Mon 21-Oct-13 00:40:21

mummylin Mon 21-Oct-13 01:05:41

Tunnocks can any of us help you to try and find somewhere to stay ?

tunnocksteacake Mon 21-Oct-13 02:14:11

mummylin Mon 21-Oct-13 02:29:01

I quite understand why you want to change the dates.You want an unbroken family time Christmas together, without the intrusion of hospital.

mummylin Mon 21-Oct-13 02:38:00

I am off now but do ask if we can help out Re accommodation , hope all goes well for your DH today.

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Mon 21-Oct-13 04:33:13

Sounds sensible. Hope you're all asleep now.

LittleTulip Mon 21-Oct-13 10:14:09

Yes, if the appointments are not core chemotherapy sessions and just meetings it is definitely not unreasonable for you to ask to change them. Or you could compromise and have the one on the 23rd, just before Christmas but try and move the 27th one for the new year.

I guess the apprehension of first chemotherapy session today is also making you restless. How long is the session for?

Do let us know what/if we can do anything for you.

tunnocksteacake Mon 21-Oct-13 13:22:41

greenhill Mon 21-Oct-13 13:33:55

You probably know that logically the chemo and radiotherapy will be helping to treat your DH, but you are probably worried that the side effects are the worst thing he will experience and make him really ill.

The worst thing has already happened tunnocks : that was the tumour.

You have to try and convince yourself that the treatment is a positive thing. Difficult though it is to get through.

I'm so impressed by your resilience. You are doing normal family things, and haven't collapsed in a heap. You are a tower of strength. You are brilliant. You can do this and come through the other end flowers

tunnocksteacake Mon 21-Oct-13 13:41:46

tunnocksteacake Mon 21-Oct-13 13:46:59

tunnocksteacake Mon 21-Oct-13 13:54:52

Dutchoma Mon 21-Oct-13 13:55:48

So many people are praying for you and your dh Tunnocks Don't underestimate the power of God; it is awesome.

tunnocksteacake Mon 21-Oct-13 14:00:10

ClockWatchingLady Mon 21-Oct-13 14:01:33

Hi Tunnocks.

So very sorry that things are so very hard. And sorry about all the stress related to appointments/Christmas, and the sleep problems, on top of everything else.

Sending you hope and light with all my might.

DD sounds simply lovely (big happy birthday to DD for Saturday too, and I am lost for words to express how incredible all these things you're managing to do sound).

X

greenhill Mon 21-Oct-13 14:02:25

Uncertainty about the future is a horrible pressure to be under, naturally you are focussing on the next thing, but try and live in the present and not think too far ahead. Especially if it is making you apprehensive <easier said than done though>

I'm sure that hug from DD is better than anything else in the world at this very moment. They just smell so delicious when they've been sleeping don't they?

We're watching Something Special too, but DS is rolling in soft toys on the floor...

Tunnocks!! I found you! {hugs}

Good luck for this afternoon's first session - I hope it all goes well.

Of course you are angry - I know I'd be. DH is just a 'convenient' target - how dare he disrupt your lovely life like that? I know that is what it feels like even when the rational part of your brain knows this is in no way his fault.

You feel what you feel and all these feelings are valid.
It's how you express them that matters.

Birthday party sounded ace smile - I hope DD appreciated the anatomically correct card animals grin.

Pants re Christmas - is it worthwhile talking about the treatment schedule with the hospital? I have no idea how rigid these schedules are.
A big a cottage in the Borders are you thinking of - I could do a bit of a search for you??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now