Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Open for tea in Teacake Towers

(227 Posts)
tunnocksteacake Tue 15-Oct-13 13:17:27

Come and join me. Today there is a tarte de Santiago to be eaten - a nice lemony cake and also gluten free.

DH hit 1000k on his bike today (from the start of this year). He is great. Radiotherapy starts on Mon.

We have had more visitors and fed them roasts and sticky toffee pudding. We have had a couple of nights away on our own at Cotswold Water Park (great apart from the bit where I had to drive all the way home and back because we both forgot DH's tablets!).

DD is two on Saturday. Two! And more lovely by the day. DS is having a great time at school and his swimming lessons.

So we are a functioning family still. Phew.

Off to hang the washing out. Do pop by, everyone else is hmm grin (two more visitors before the weekend)

tunnocksteacake Thu 17-Oct-13 11:37:59

Frankly you are all rather lovely thanks

mummylin Thu 17-Oct-13 15:43:57

Sending you hope and good vibes from Dorset.

Signing in for a slice of cake if there is any left.

Lovely to hear you sounding more positive and great news on all the driving.

National Trust properties are great places for a good cry.

scarecrow22 Thu 17-Oct-13 21:38:38

Marking my place for cake and tea... oh, and any hand-holding, night-feed-chat or whatever. Or just to be here.

Go DH and his cycling!

lborolass Thu 17-Oct-13 22:02:29

Just found you again, so glad that you sound more positive and great news about the 1000k on the bike. Keep on pedalling

out2lunch Fri 18-Oct-13 13:37:29

lovely to hear how you are x enjoy the birthday celebrations at the weekend

Andro Fri 18-Oct-13 15:17:06

Tunnocks, you're finding a way to get through each day...that's victory right now.

<drops off double chocolate tray bake>

I hope your DD had a good birthday.

spatchcock Fri 18-Oct-13 15:58:53

Hey Tunnocks, lovely Tunnocks. Hope you have something nice planned for the weekend.

Am sending you love and a virtual piece of Nigella's Malteaser traybake x

tunnocksteacake Fri 18-Oct-13 18:02:15

DDs birthday is tomorrow, cake made, just need to decorate them tonight smile

tunnocksteacake Fri 18-Oct-13 18:03:01

I say 'them' because I've made cupcakes too (excuses rare grammar misfunction)

tunnocksteacake Fri 18-Oct-13 21:34:38

DH came home with his chemotherapy tablets this evening. I am scared of them

tunnocksteacake Fri 18-Oct-13 21:35:58

Off to wrap presents. Thinking back to DS's birthday in May when all I had to worry about was organizing his village hall party. And I thought that was a big deal... I am learning a few lessons

tunnocksteacake Fri 18-Oct-13 21:44:50

I hope all this makes me a more useful person in the end. As opposed to a blithering mess.

Wondering if I have bitten off more than I can chew by having about 12 adults and 14 children over for DDs birthday tomorrow. I don't remember the exact numbers because I have lost the list I wrote of who's coming confused

I better wrap those presents. From us DD has a book, an amazingly soft jellycat cushion with a pocket with a rabbit in it you can put in and out, and a Maisie mouse dinner plate with four sections in it. DS wanted to get her a purring cat - we found a talking Poppy cat he was happy with in the end. The cushion really is brilliant, she will love it sooo much.

DS made her a lovely card and stuck some foam animal stickers on the front. Then he announced that he was going to 'draw on their winkies', and did. Then we discussed him NOT doing this on pictures at school...

mummylin Fri 18-Oct-13 21:55:40

Tunnocks I think it is a natural thing to be scared of the unknown. But try to think of dh,s tablets as being a positive thing. Those tablets are the hope for the future. Wishing your DH all the best as his treatment begins. Have a good party for your little one tomorrow.

out2lunch Sat 19-Oct-13 01:16:17

smile at the winkies

nemno Sat 19-Oct-13 11:38:37

All the best for a lovely birthday party today tunnocks. You are doing really well keeping the normal family roadshow going. Much love x

Hope the party is a roaring success.

beatofthedrum Sat 19-Oct-13 20:11:17

I so hope you enjoy your daughter's birthday.

tunnocksteacake Sun 20-Oct-13 14:10:38

I think I will have to set up a profile soon so you can see how happy and beautiful DD was on her birthday. And DS was a delight - he was so excited for her and showered her with birthday kisses and cuddles!

tunnocksteacake Sun 20-Oct-13 14:11:50

DH has his first radiotherapy tomorrow - 645pm I think it is. And chemo tablet shortly before that. He cycled 30km this morning

mummylin Sun 20-Oct-13 14:21:12

Well done to your dh on his cycling achievements. I wish him the best for his treatment. Glad the party went well, would love to see the pictures. That's a strange time to have a hospital apt, I thought they were all during the day ! Will be thinking of you all

Nocakeformeplease Sun 20-Oct-13 22:01:55

Hi Teacakes - I'm so glad that DD and DS enjoyed her birthday and hope you are bearing up. Good luck for Mr T's radiotherapy tomorrow. DS finished an 8 day course on Thursday, fortunately apart from a bit of mild sickness he didn't seem to suffer too badly from the side effects.

I think of you often and am always here if you need to vent xx

tunnocksteacake Sun 20-Oct-13 23:17:18

DH has just revealed that he has appointments on 23 and 27 Dec - we were going to have Christmas is Scotland with my parents and brothers come what may. So upset. I know it is a little thing, but yet another thing taken

tunnocksteacake Sun 20-Oct-13 23:19:49

It will be impossible to find some sort of farmhouse for us all for a week down south over Christmas this late in the game, won't it? Brothers are within 2 hours of us and parents are transportable (!)

LittleTulip Sun 20-Oct-13 23:31:29

Hello,

I think you should definitely create a profile so we can see pics of your lovely daughter at her party. It sounds great.

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience of the chemotherapy, but hey needs must! It may not be so difficult getting a farmhouse to rent? I'm not very helpful am I?

All the best to Mr. Tunnocks for tomorrow.

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now