Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Thrush or something else.

(7 Posts)
Lagoonablue Thu 10-Oct-13 18:09:16

Since weekend my fanjo has been sore, red and itchy, though no lumpy discharge. Doc said thrush and gave me canestan tablet and cream. Had already had the pessary to no avail. Now on Thursday still as bad, really painful. Could it be an infection of another sort? Definately not std as not had sex forever. Does thrush usually take so long to clear?

Jinty64 Thu 10-Oct-13 18:20:21

Have you been using the cream? Mine clears with the cream within 24-48 hours. I would go back to the doctor.

Lagoonablue Thu 10-Oct-13 18:32:58

Yes but maybe not enough. Got an appt on Monday hmm. Thanks

Sleepingbanana Thu 10-Oct-13 19:34:40

Could be bacterial vaginosis, which is v common too. Fwiw I am allergic to cansetsn and it makes it worse. Try to see your GP earlier than mon - in meantime a couple of drops of tea tree oil on sanitary pad may help.

Lagoonablue Thu 10-Oct-13 19:43:38

Thanks. No chance of getting on to see GP before Monday. Though am in agony. Went to walk in centre but they said I may need a swab and they can't do it there.

Praying it is thrush and that the treatment might start working soon.. Can hardly sit down!

Sleepingbanana Fri 11-Oct-13 07:39:57

You poor thing - try the tea tree, lots swear by it and it worked for me post baby (advised by midwife). Can you go to pharmacist? Take pain relief plus anti histamine? It's a lot to put up with over weekend

Lagoonablue Fri 11-Oct-13 12:15:08

Thanks. Think t t oil may sting? Feels slightly better. Don't think is thrush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now