Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

do I have to get a hospital prescription at the hospital pharmacy?

(8 Posts)
KatyMac Thu 10-Oct-13 16:12:39

I was so chuffed to be given something I drove home. I'm now halfway home & don't know if I should go back to the hosp or go home?

Help??

gamerchick Thu 10-Oct-13 16:13:18

Unfortunately yes. I've done the same thing before.

KatyMac Thu 10-Oct-13 16:16:04

Bugger

I'll go back then

gingeroots Thu 10-Oct-13 16:38:58

I always ask for a prescription request for the GP because the hospital will only give you a very limited supply and you end up going to the GP anyway .

Tho no help to you now ,and of course it's quicker to get stuff from hospital pharmacy .

Trouble is when you're not feeling well it's easy to get things wrong .

NoMoreMadCatLady Thu 10-Oct-13 16:42:41

If you want it quickly, yes.

If you can wait 3 days, take it to your GP & ask them to rewrite it as ordinary prescription.

NoMoreMadCatLady Thu 10-Oct-13 16:44:32

Give it to the Gp's receptionist to put in with the repeat prescription forms. Don't try to make a GP appt to actually see a GP to rewrite it.

I have in the past asked the dr at hospital if I can get the prescription for ds2 at a normal pharmacy, as the queue at the hospital one invariably takes at least an hour - not fun with a toddler hmm. For some medicine they can tell you the over the counter stuff to buy to save you the wait....

KatyMac Thu 10-Oct-13 18:03:47

I went back & paid parking AGAIN <sigh> feel a bit of a prat

They gave me 2 weeks as other pharmacies might not have it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now