Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Definitely definitely TMI (sorry!!)

(19 Posts)
Sparklingbrook Mon 30-Sep-13 10:34:23

Fab Dilli, you have taken the first step to getting all this looked at and for you to feel better about it all. And it has a name, so it isn't just you. brew cake

Dilligufdarling Mon 30-Sep-13 10:30:57

Went to the doc, she thinks it's probably a rectocele but has referred me to the colorectal surgeons for an investigative camera. She did say its definitely not piles or a fissure.
Will wait to hear when the appointment is.
Have to say was really glad I'd made the app for today - had my worse day yet yesterday and am feeling quite battered and bruised.
From looking at the other thread am wondering if I might have a cystocele too. But that's not causing me any problems - just a noticeable bulge I can feel inside.

Thanks for all of the support and advice smile

Sparklingbrook Fri 27-Sep-13 12:35:29

That's brilliant Dilli. Good luck. x

Dilligufdarling Fri 27-Sep-13 12:19:59

Well, I've booked an app for Monday morning.....
I told DH about it last night and he was shock that I'd not mentioned it before. (Normally we're very open about the idiosyncrasies of our bodies!)
He also has insisted on me seeing the dr.
Will report back.
Thanks all!

Sparklingbrook Fri 27-Sep-13 09:48:58

Oi Dilli I think you have a phone call to make. <bossy>

Dilidali Fri 27-Sep-13 07:08:05

Yes, they did. I had to try various paths before it was sorted, cream, GTN, several check-ups. I still remember the pain. It is more common than you think, nobody is going to bat an eyelid.
Make an appointment today with the GP.
Please come back and tell us how it went.

Dilligufdarling Thu 26-Sep-13 22:11:09

Thanks Dili.
Did they manage to sort it out for you? What did they do?

Dilidali Thu 26-Sep-13 21:03:39

I had that. Totally totally understand and I am sorry.

Please see the GP. They will refer you to a colorectal team who will be able to assess exactly. Then take it from there.

You will be ok.

Sparklingbrook Thu 26-Sep-13 18:57:41

No. And you deserve to be back to normal as soon as is possible, so you can put it behind you if you will excuse the pun. smile good luck-and don't worry about the GP. x

Dilligufdarling Thu 26-Sep-13 18:50:24

But just to be clear...
You don't think, 16 months on, that month number 17 might be the charm in getting back to normal?
By any chance?

Dilligufdarling Thu 26-Sep-13 18:48:19

Right... girds loins I'm going to be brave and do it....
Thanks all!

Sparklingbrook Thu 26-Sep-13 18:44:51

They have seen it all before and then some Dilli. Book the appointment ASAP, the sooner you do the sooner it can be sorted.

Dilligufdarling Thu 26-Sep-13 18:43:05

Thanks smile
I guess I know I should see a gp really. Have just been hoping it would all sort itself out on its own.
And yes I know I am constipated alot too. I always have been but I think it's worse now. Which I'm sure isn't helping.

Will try and rustle up my courage and book an appointment.
As you say they've seen it all before.... Right?blush

Antidote Thu 26-Sep-13 18:39:32

Sounds like classic history of a rectocoele, which may need a few investigations to confirm, and I would ask yours GP for a referral to your local urogynaecology service. Don't suffer in silence.

Sparklingbrook Thu 26-Sep-13 18:32:54

YY do see your GP too.

Zoomania Thu 26-Sep-13 18:31:19

Sorry to hear you had such a traumatic time, that sounds terrible. I would pluck up the courage to go and see a GP. You may have a small anal fissure which is a small split which isn't healing. Something can be done. I found that trying to keep stools as soft as possible through lactulose, fruit , fluids etc helped with post birth poos and from your description could you be a bit constipated? If stools were big and soft would it be easier? Again mention the difficulty passing as they may be able to see what is causing this if they examine you.

Congratulations on your son ...just don't suffer any longer! ... GPs will see lots of this sort of problem.

Dilligufdarling Thu 26-Sep-13 18:31:11

Thanks sparkling! Will head over there

Sparklingbrook Thu 26-Sep-13 18:28:57

Hi Dilli, do you think there could be more help on this thread? Lots of experience of these things on there. x

Dilligufdarling Thu 26-Sep-13 18:24:03

Am a longish term poster with recent name change
Naice ham, OFRS, LDC, pombears etc.

Had a fairly traumatic birth with DS 16 months ago - transverse episiotomy, tear, 6 pt blood loss, crash team, transfusion etc.
My stitches then burst 1 week later and so the recovery was pretty painful and LONG as well.
Was on various laxatives (prescribed) when recovering as pooing was really really painful. I can't remember much of the actual birth but I can remember every single postnatal poo!
My problem/question is, is now that everything is totally healed, I'm still having problems when I go to the loo (poo). Basically sometimes they seem to sort of "get stuck" and I have to put my finger inside (vagina) and sort of help it out - like counter pressure.
I've not had any other problems that would suggest a weak pelvic floor - haven't had any "leaks" but could this be the problem?
And also every single time I go it's painful and when I wipe there will be some (sometimes only really small amounts) blood.
I'm pretty certain this is not normal - both the needing to help and the bleeding, but am hoping I'm not alone?
Has anyone had this and recovered? Do I just need more recovery time from the birth?
I've not mentioned this to anyone in real life because, well, it's difficult enough to bring up online!
Maybe will have to see the doc at some point though...confused
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now