Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

A&E or would I be seen as wasting their time?

(76 Posts)
illustrated Fri 06-Sep-13 19:47:56

I've been pretty unwell recently; Lots of lumps on my neck, joint pain, tiredness, night sweats, excessive bruising and headaches.

Things came to a head last night after I couldn't sleep due to the pain. I've had blood tests today and have to wait till Monday for results. I asked for pain relief and due to me breastfeeding I got an ant-inflammatory - Naproxen.

I've taken it but the pain is just getting worse by the hour. Paracetamol wont touch it either.

Is this something I should go to A&E for, would anyone know if I can actually get anything stronger whilst breastfeeding? I'm so tired and don't need another night of no sleep.

Wow 3 weeks is a long time to wait especially with a new baby.

I was just coming on to post that I was prescribed co codamol whilst breast feeding

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now