Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should I see the dr?

(6 Posts)
tazmo Sat 31-Aug-13 10:04:57

Hi did go and was given antibiotics. Didn't think I had a Temperature but I did : o ( - along with crackles in chest and coloured phlegm - he said he felt something nasty was brewing, I was feeling rough!

fedupandtired Fri 30-Aug-13 23:45:18

No, I don't think you should see your GP if you've only had it a few days.

Coughs can stick around for weeks and whilst long lasting ones need investigating having one last a few days is totally normal.

AnythingNotEverything Fri 30-Aug-13 10:02:57

I think if you have no other symptoms, then there's nothing he/she can do. Most coughs just go away on their own. Sorry!

The old remedies are the best - honey, lemon, hot water, sleeping sitting up etc.

tazmo Fri 30-Aug-13 08:56:14

Not long - just a few days!

AnythingNotEverything Fri 30-Aug-13 08:54:54

How long have you had it? In my area if you've had a persistent cough for three weeks or more you can self refer for a chest X-ray.

The thing with coughs, is unless it's an infection (and therefore suitable for antibiotics) there's not much they can do ...

tazmo Fri 30-Aug-13 08:50:13

I hate wasting drs time but I've had one of those annoying coughs - one that stop you from sleeping. When I lie down, I can hear a crackling in my left lung especially - but as I say, mainly when lying down. Do you think i should get it checked out.i don't have A temperature. I had something similar when pregnant a couple of years ago but I did have a temperature where I did need antibiotics to shift it. But not sure if it was because I was pg the dr needed to get rid of it and of course, the high temp! What do you think? Due to call at 9 am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now