Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Should I see the dr?

(6 Posts)
tazmo Sat 31-Aug-13 10:04:57

Hi did go and was given antibiotics. Didn't think I had a Temperature but I did : o ( - along with crackles in chest and coloured phlegm - he said he felt something nasty was brewing, I was feeling rough!

fedupandtired Fri 30-Aug-13 23:45:18

No, I don't think you should see your GP if you've only had it a few days.

Coughs can stick around for weeks and whilst long lasting ones need investigating having one last a few days is totally normal.

AnythingNotEverything Fri 30-Aug-13 10:02:57

I think if you have no other symptoms, then there's nothing he/she can do. Most coughs just go away on their own. Sorry!

The old remedies are the best - honey, lemon, hot water, sleeping sitting up etc.

tazmo Fri 30-Aug-13 08:56:14

Not long - just a few days!

AnythingNotEverything Fri 30-Aug-13 08:54:54

How long have you had it? In my area if you've had a persistent cough for three weeks or more you can self refer for a chest X-ray.

The thing with coughs, is unless it's an infection (and therefore suitable for antibiotics) there's not much they can do ...

tazmo Fri 30-Aug-13 08:50:13

I hate wasting drs time but I've had one of those annoying coughs - one that stop you from sleeping. When I lie down, I can hear a crackling in my left lung especially - but as I say, mainly when lying down. Do you think i should get it checked out.i don't have A temperature. I had something similar when pregnant a couple of years ago but I did have a temperature where I did need antibiotics to shift it. But not sure if it was because I was pg the dr needed to get rid of it and of course, the high temp! What do you think? Due to call at 9 am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now