Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Period pain much worse now im 40.

(8 Posts)
Darkesteyes Fri 30-Aug-13 02:03:17

Has anyone else experienced this getting worse as theyve got older.
It used to be pretty bad when i was a teenager but this is even worse. Just wondering if anyone else is going through this. (i hope not obvs)

scaevola Fri 30-Aug-13 02:12:33

Have you been to see the GP?

Adenomyosis becomes more common as you get older, and is definitely a cause of painful periods.

Darkesteyes Sat 31-Aug-13 01:25:30

Thanks scaevola thanks Sorry took so long to reply I completely forgot id posted in here.

loopyloou Sat 31-Aug-13 11:54:54

I'm 49 and over the past year the pain has become unbearable. I never had cramps before, just a little discomfort. I have read quite a bit online and it seems periods do tend to get heavier and more painful for quite a lot of women as they get older.

I can't wait for the menopause! The pain is starting to interfere with my work, just when I was hoping to increase my hours as my youngest is old enough to come home from school alone.

Sophiedotty Sat 31-Aug-13 16:09:39

I am 43 & my cycles have changed.,I was getting shorter cycles 25-27 days. I just had a 31 day cycle & had pains. I don't usually suffer but actually had to take painkillers this month.

Darkesteyes Sat 31-Aug-13 17:44:02

So sorry to hear others are going through this. Im getting shorter cycles too (23 days sometimes) I dont like to take painkillers but i have to now At 7 am on Thursday morning had to take that Nurofen thats specifically for period pain (£4.09 a box but i found that Tesco does their ibuprofen for £1.60 so hoping that will work just as well.
loopy im sorry its affecting yr work. Shit timing now yr youngest is old enough. What a PITA ....literally .

itinerant Sat 31-Aug-13 17:50:13

I sympathise. Mine have been getting progressively more painful the last two years and here I am at 43 in bed with a hot water bottle for the first time since I was 16 hmm

NorbertDentressangle Sat 31-Aug-13 17:53:09

I don't get it every time but sometimes I get really bad pain/aches right into my back for a day or two. I never used to have any pain when I was younger (I'm mid 40s)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now