Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Ibruprofen or paracetomol making me sick?

(5 Posts)
whyno Thu 29-Aug-13 20:07:00

Is ibruprofen or paracetomol more likely to make you feel really sick?

Am six days post c section and have been feeling so sick i can't eat a thing. Since stopping my painkillers earlier today I've stopped feeling sick but my incision is really sore.

Anyone got any ideas which is the most likely culprit so I can start the other one back up?

ibuprofen more likely to upset the stomach

Rooners Thu 29-Aug-13 20:09:02

I'm not sure, probably go with the brufen if you're on nothing else?

Are you sure they are plain - I was nearly sick after taking paracetamol with codeine something in it, they told me that was likely the culprit. So I don't do codeine any more.

Sorry you've been feeling so rough.

Fwiw I reacted badly to the first epidural I had, that made me sick. Maybe it is a hang over from the section?

Rooners Thu 29-Aug-13 20:13:03

Sorry I mean stop the Brufen. Take the paracet. It's probably the ibuprofen making you feel bad if it's one of the two.

whyno Fri 30-Aug-13 05:40:44

Thanks all. Will stop the ibruprofen (interestingly codeine no longer allowed post section, although was allowed with my previous 2 years ago). Felt a bit poorly in the night so still not convinced its painkillers at all but at least it's a wee bit better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now