Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Smear test etiquette. ..what to wear?

(18 Posts)

As a nurse who used to do the smear clinics I agree smelly feet are more of a stomach churner!! I didn't often register if someone was wearing trousers or a skirt, although I did sometimes register if they had not showered for a few days weeks!!

But for the record, I would always wear skirt and hide my undies and definitely have a shower beforehand!!

I had my jeans on. Folded them and my pants and put them on the chair provided.

PrincessYoni Thu 29-Aug-13 14:15:31

grin love the mirkin...

how did it go?!

I'm up

Shaved legs
Feet filed
Toenails painted
Clean newish undies
Mirkin selected.

Why did I book this for the first day of school

grin

crawls out of a quick shower

Skirt + socks... hmm

I can't believe I had internal scans once a fortnight when pg, get dressed and then have internal swabs in a different room....but I can't remember what I used to wear...

eurochick Wed 28-Aug-13 22:44:13

I can't say I ever give it much thought. If you wear trousers you will get a modesty sheet (tissue paper) to drape over yourself any way.

I always keep my socks on smile

Blinking hell....I have a crop of veruccas....not that I can do anything about them overnight....

FriedSprout Wed 28-Aug-13 22:39:25

I saw a remark fom a nurse that smelly unclean feet are what makes this procedure unpleasant for them, not a hairy under-carriage grin😢

Oh gusset will most definitely be out of sight.

I think I would be much happier hoiking my skirt up as it is kind of quicker than derobing...much less anticipation build up time.

Oh shit...I am very au natural down their...oh well....

missbopeep Wed 28-Aug-13 22:21:13

They provide a chair to put your clothes on- nicely folded and gusset out of sight.

pudseypie Wed 28-Aug-13 22:17:54

Doesnt matter they've seen everything

Vatta Wed 28-Aug-13 21:46:27

I'm sure they don't roly, they've seen everything! I just feel more comfortable with a skirt.

BadRoly Wed 28-Aug-13 20:57:39

Really? I can't say I've ever thought about what to wear! I have ensured I am clean (shower, early morning appointment) but it never crossed my mind to think about my clothing.

Oh shit, does that mean I'm the one they all laugh about in the staff room because of my knackered old knickers and too tight jeans?!

Coconutty Wed 28-Aug-13 20:55:58

Skirt and knickers in bag.

Vatta Wed 28-Aug-13 20:54:58

Definitely a skirt for any internal, it's much less awkward and you feel less exposed somehow.

TheContrastOfWhiteOnWhite Wed 28-Aug-13 18:15:07

Knee length skirt. knickers on chair or in handbag.

Long skirt that can be hitched up or trousers that need to be stripped off?

Where do you put your undies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now