Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'm a medical mystery....can you help to diagnose me please?

(10 Posts)
TheUnicornsGoHawaiian Thu 29-Aug-13 01:36:30

Thank you everyone for your replies. We do have a family history of stomach ulcers. I hadnt even thought of ulcers as I havent had heartburn or acid....I will keep ulcers in mind.

It started after a night out, so maybe it was too much sugar in the alcohol? Touch wood though it hasnt come back for the last 6 hours or so, so maybe it was a bug.

Thanks for your replies. smile

frogspoon Wed 28-Aug-13 23:21:26

I've had this sometimes with IBS.

Antispasmodics (mebeverine) prescribed by dr helped.

PeriPathetic Wed 28-Aug-13 23:03:22

I get this. I've been dx with chronic gastritis in the past but I'm not sure if it is that.
Personally I think it's either wheat intolerance ( it's much worse if I've eaten too many wheat based foods - I'm trying to cut them out) or too much sugar (ditto).
Or a bug.
HTH!

PJ67 Wed 28-Aug-13 22:56:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheUnicornsGoHawaiian Wed 28-Aug-13 17:46:40

googieAll has been good of late (touch wood), no major disasters. The family have suffered a bereavement but it wasnt anyone especially close to me. I dont feel stressed and I'm sleeping well.

pirate It's horrible isnt it. I've just had a breadstick and I can feel the ache coming back again already. sad

piratecat Wed 28-Aug-13 17:38:00

i think viral, i have felt this in the past. It's horrible.

googietheegg Wed 28-Aug-13 17:37:36

Possibly connected to anxiety? How are you feeling?

TheUnicornsGoHawaiian Wed 28-Aug-13 17:36:13

Hmmm....I'll google and have a look at those. Thank you.

I think it will be another trip to the doctors.

BeenFluffy Wed 28-Aug-13 17:34:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheUnicornsGoHawaiian Wed 28-Aug-13 17:31:39

For the past week or so I keep getting this sickly feeling with a dull ache in my stomach, if I eat something it takes the feeling away but only for a really short period of time. Its not like a usual feeling of hunger, its really uncomfortable.

I have had a bout of this on three separate occasions before, but it was during pregnancy, I mentioned it to my gp at the time and he said it was due to pregnancy. I am now very not pregnant. Does this sound viral? A bug? Any thoughts...i feel like all I have done all day is snack to take the feeling away.

Could it be metabolic?

Any ideas welcome smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now