Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Am I getting arthritis? Should I see a dr?

(4 Posts)

My dad's rheumatoid arthritis began with a painful wrist. Get checked out x

janmoomoo Fri 30-Aug-13 11:00:37

I have exactly the same thing. Wrist will swell up and be sore for a few days. Then a month or so later same thing in a different part of my wrist or hand. I am thinking arthritis but TBH I haven't been to the docs as this is exactly the sort of thing that they are not very good at, when it is a bit vague and non-specific.

LifeofPo Wed 28-Aug-13 17:29:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hillyhilly Wed 28-Aug-13 17:23:16

My wrist is occasionally painful in the joint, I can't bear down on it, it happens every few months and lasts for a few days, I don't know if anything has set it off, it is not the hand I write with.
Is it likely to be arthritis, and if so should I see a doctor. Is there any point?
I also have a slightly painful small lump on the top knuckle of the middle finger on the same hand, its only painful when I press on it, but has been there with varying levels of soreness for several weeks now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now