Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Further news from Teacake Towers

(1000 Posts)
tunnocksteacake Wed 28-Aug-13 09:47:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummylin Sat 21-Sep-13 13:28:42

Your family is in my thoughts Tunnocks.

ExitPursuedByADragon Sat 21-Sep-13 14:42:18

Thinking of you.

Thumbwitch Sat 21-Sep-13 15:29:08

I can't remember which thread I read it on, but if you start to get panicky, breathe in for a count of 7 and out for a count of 11 to slow you down. 7/11 is an easy number pair to remember - and it hopefully will reduce the effect of the panic. Rescue remedy is also excellent for panic attacks.

Still thinking of you, Tunnocks, and your family and praying that all will be well for you.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 21-Sep-13 15:51:19

Hello Tunnocks - there was some nonsense spam on your thread so we deleted it. Sending you boundless love and support from Mumsnet Towers flowers

FutTheShuckUp Sat 21-Sep-13 19:00:36

Hope you and your lovely family are managing to enjoy the weekend

ButterMyArse Sat 21-Sep-13 20:47:06

Hi Tunnocks, just checking in to let you know you're all in my thoughts.

x
(chronic namechanger but been with you from the start)

tunnocksteacake Sun 22-Sep-13 06:31:36

tunnocksteacake Sun 22-Sep-13 06:33:57

Tunnocks - my heart goes out to you! I've felt like you do, albeit for different reasons, but somehow I found the strength to go on. Take things a day at a time. I do realise how hard that is, but each day is another step forward.

Have you been to see your GP yet?? I do think you should x

Thinking of you all x

Dressingdown1 Sun 22-Sep-13 07:15:25

You are going through a really tough time and there's not much anyone can say to make it better. There is always someone here to listen to you, though. Please feel free to rant.
x

tunnocks, big hugs to you, my lovely.

Please do go and seek out support for yourself. It is so easy for all the HCP who will be involved in your DH's care and treatment to forget how incredibly hard this is for you.
You do have to go looking for help for your self; it often will not be offered without asking sad.

As lots of other people on this thread are saying, please go back to your GP and tell them how very badly this is affecting you. Looking after yourself is *not selfish or weak*; it is part of maintaining your abiliity to be there for your DH and your kids and the rest of the family. Please make looking after yourself a priority.

Much love and light x.

Trazzletoes Sun 22-Sep-13 09:28:06

Oh tunnocks I know his you feel. I really do. Even now when we have hope again I still struggle with how I can carry on living with this. I just don't want to. I don't want to hurt. I don't want to see my son hurt. I dont want my family to hurt. I just want not to feel anything.

But that's not possible.

Please get to your GP for a chat. You really need to take care of yourself as well. You can get through this and you will. But please ask for help x

icecubed Sun 22-Sep-13 10:08:59

Tunnocks there are some thoughtful messages on here I hope you can see from friends you have not met yet I hope through your hurt and pain you can see that we are sending you love and support. Please do try to find a moment to look after yourself too xx

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 22-Sep-13 12:45:59

Tunnocks, please listen to Pacific and the others urging you to see your GP. Hugs and hope to you and all at Tunnocks Towers x

mrsblakey Sun 22-Sep-13 12:46:44

Tunnocks please please seek out some support from your gp asap.
I know the thought of taking anti depressants isnt attractive but in the short term it should help you through this time.No one is infallible & you clearly need some help xxx

PastaBeeandCheese Mon 23-Sep-13 06:39:48

Hope you got some sleep. Good luck with driving and first swimming lesson today.

Jenny70 Mon 23-Sep-13 13:53:25

Tunnocks, hope you're doing ok... did the SIL visit? Must be hard to hold it together for visitors, esp when perhaps she seemed a bit different in her approach. Feel free to come and sound off about her (if you need to)....

mummylin Mon 23-Sep-13 16:57:33

You and your DH very much in my thoughts Tunnocks

ExcuseTypos Mon 23-Sep-13 17:39:11

Sending you all lots of love. Xxx

TalkativeJim Mon 23-Sep-13 19:32:54

You and your lovely family are all in my thoughts Tunnocks. x

Still hoping with you Tunnocks

Sending ((hugs)) your way flowers

LittleTulip Mon 23-Sep-13 23:39:51

Thinking of you and your family x

ots Tue 24-Sep-13 07:52:23

Thinking of you all every day x

greenhill Tue 24-Sep-13 13:35:00

We are all still here if you need to chat x

This thread is not accepting new messages.