Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Further news from Teacake Towers

(1000 Posts)
tunnocksteacake Wed 28-Aug-13 09:47:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ots Fri 30-Aug-13 16:17:53

Hope yesterday went well thanks

tunnocksteacake Fri 30-Aug-13 21:12:22

eleflump Fri 30-Aug-13 21:39:10

Have been following your thread and just wanted say that I have been thinking of you often and sending virtual support your way.

Have not posted before as everything I wrote just seemed banal somehow, so I ended up deleting it.

I hope you get some much-needed rest tonight, and good luck with the driving tomorrow.

Best wishes to you all - you are in my thoughts and prayers.

E

tunnocksteacake Fri 30-Aug-13 22:02:09

PastaBeeandCheese Fri 30-Aug-13 22:34:09

Hope you're enjoying your dinner.

Huzzah for your aunt and her gin - I hope you had a stiff one.
Glad to hear today went without hiccups.
Here's hoping for a good night to you all x.

MrsShrek3 Fri 30-Aug-13 22:42:38

Being fit is a mahoosive advantage. Have a good weekend with the family. smile

tunnocksteacake Fri 30-Aug-13 23:14:53

Oh, sweetie (hugs).

You're getting ahead of yourself, please try not to.
Here's here, right there with you. Hang on to that just now.

have more gin

Goodness me, I can't even try to give comfort without typos, so sorry.

He's here etc.

Paddlinglikehell Fri 30-Aug-13 23:23:23

Hi Tunnocks, Aunt sounds great, made me chuckle. Pictured her with large bag (a la Poppins) big bottle, glasses the works, setting it up in the waiting room.

Don't think too much. Live for the moment.

I'm around for an hour or so if you want to ramble!

Tunnocks - I can get Bettys macaroons any day of the week. If your friend's gift gives you a taste for them and you want more let me know.

mineofuselessinformation Fri 30-Aug-13 23:23:57

I'm so glad to see you have a new thread Tunnocks! I felt terrible when I realised I had used the last post and you didn't have a new one. Good wishes and positive thoughts most definitely coming your way. smile

SurvivalOfTheUnfittest Fri 30-Aug-13 23:28:44

Tunnocks I've ummed and aahed about whether to post on your threads because I am the kind of person who would only ever want to hear the positives. I hope you can read the following in the way that I intend it, which is to reassure you that, should the worst ever happen, you would manage. I say this as someone who lost their 39 year old husband during a game of football 4 months ago to an undiagnosed heart problem. I can't begin to imagine how frightened you are right now, but I can only tell you that I personally am finding the way through life after dh, with ds1, aged 5, and ds2, aged 3, little step by little step. I am hoping beyond hope that you will never get to that point, but I sense that your fear of that unknown is troubling you deeply and I wanted to offer some reassurance. If you'd rather this was deleted, I'll report it. In the meantime, I'm thinking of you all, wishing you all strength and good fortune and hoping that the best possible outcome will be realised.

tunnocksteacake Sat 31-Aug-13 09:21:26

Survival I am so sorry for your loss. That is a lovely post. Bless you & your family.

Tunnocks still thinking of you and sending lots of prayers and love your way.

tunnocksteacake Sat 31-Aug-13 17:40:54

tunnocksteacake Sat 31-Aug-13 18:04:09

mummylin Sat 31-Aug-13 18:14:11

Tunnock I know it's incredibly hard for you at this time, but try and think positive thoughts .it must be hard when you see others around you seeming to appear as normal , but they are probably being like that to try and raise your spirits a bit. They don't want you to see them upset and falling to bits.
You have an awful time ahead of you. But this is something that has to be done in order to give you and your dh a future.
We are all in your camp and hoping for the best possible outcome.

Survival, what a brave post. I did not post on your thread at the time, I think, because I just did not have the words. It is good to hear that you have found a way to carry on. Much love to you and your family x.

tunnocks, it is so hard when everybody carries on as if your world had not just been taken off its axis and the sun still shines inspite of the slowly unfolding disaster affecting you all. They are not doing it deliberately, don't hold it against them.
I hope you find a shoulder to cry on and rant against when you need it. Is there anybody who is able to just listen to you? Not to offer solutions, but to just be there?

You're putting old baby clothes away because you have Hope. There is always hope. You may not have the last DC, but that is not a decision to be made just now.

tunnocksteacake Sat 31-Aug-13 19:28:07

Congrats on the driving! How did you feel confidence-wise?

I agree with Pacific and mummylin - your friends and family are trying to be normal for you. If it all gets too much for you though I'm certain no one would mind if you took yourself off for a quiet moment (another necessary loft visit maybe?) or even kindly let them know you need some space and ask them to come again another time?

SurvivalOfTheUnfittest Sat 31-Aug-13 22:29:39

Driving progress sounds impressive.

In answer to your question, Tunnocks, if you walked into my house without knowing what has happened, you wouldn't have any idea at all. We saw some of dh's relatives this week for the first time since the funeral and they just kept commenting on the boys' resilience. Yes, I'm answering a lot of questions about hearts, death and what heaven is like, usurally at bedtime, but until 6.59pm each night life goes on pretty much as normal. The boys have become much better friends and I am doing my best to bring them up as dh and I planned. Would dh be upset by this? Absolutely not. He'd expect nothing less, and I hope he'd be proud of all three of us. I'm taking this term off work (I teach) so that I have half a chance to process my own feelings. I would say take moments of time our for yourself whenever you can or need to. Try to find good things in every day. Sending you love, strength and optimism. (and thanks to the others who commented above - I'm not meaning to hijack).

tunnocksteacake Sat 31-Aug-13 22:48:40

SurvivalOfTheUnfittest Sat 31-Aug-13 23:08:26

Try and enjoy some of tomorrow if you can. Take some photos and cuddle each other lots.

I don't think I'm doing anything extraordinary. You will cope with whatever is in store for your family because you have to and because you love them all. I think the tough times help us to find out just how strong we really are. Sometimes I wish I didn't need to find out, but it's quite reassuring to have found that the world does keep on spinning, no matter what, and yours will too. Sleep well.

This thread is not accepting new messages.