Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Further news from Teacake Towers

(1000 Posts)
tunnocksteacake Wed 28-Aug-13 09:47:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PastaBeeandCheese Thu 29-Aug-13 06:28:01

Encouraged that you didn't post in the night. I really, really hope you slept through.

I cuddle my 21 month old to sleep every night. I didn't know that was wrong shock. She's too gorgeous to be plonked in her bed without a few rounds of Away In A Manager in August and a snuggle.

I think it's great you're taking your aunt today. Hopefully she will be able to remind you to ask all the questions you want to ask but might otherwise forget. I hope it is ok for you and they are nicer than last time.

Have you had a chance to make a list of questions about the op and his post op care so you are less likely to forget once you're there?

MrsShrek3 Thu 29-Aug-13 07:43:07

love the thread title
and the lack of nocturnal posting smile

BoreOfWhabylon Thu 29-Aug-13 08:12:55

Here you are, Tunnocks! Have been away and couldn't find you when I returned last night.

The things I would like to say have already been said so much better by Pacific and others, so will just add that, like so many others, am holding you, your DH and DCs in my thoughts and my version of prayers.

(and I too have wonderful childhood memories of trips to Weston - the tide always seemed to be out when we were there, we called it Weston-Super-Mud!)

Shhhhh! TT is still asleep... grin

Well, at least I hope you had a restful night's sleep and are now toddler-wrangling rather than in the depths of despair.

Wishing you a Good Day thanks

tunnocksteacake Thu 29-Aug-13 09:44:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mmmh, macaroons... <<drools>>

Have one.
Remember to take your List of Questions, pad and pen with you today.
Glad to hear you've both got family support today.

Everything crossed here as ever x.

Norem Thu 29-Aug-13 10:42:10

Good luck today Tunnocks, remember to ask any questions you want.
So sorry you are going through all this xxxxx

mummylin Thu 29-Aug-13 10:51:34

Hope all goes to plan today and maybe you can get some reassurances from your dh,s team

OnlyJoking Thu 29-Aug-13 11:01:43

Thinking of you all today, glad you have good family support and friends that send you edible gifts.

mummylin Thu 29-Aug-13 12:47:37

Hello Oj , hope you are doing ok.

hillyhilly Thu 29-Aug-13 17:22:57

Hope today's been ok Tunnock.

LegArmpits Thu 29-Aug-13 17:39:11

Thinking of you Tunnocks.

scarecrow22 Thu 29-Aug-13 19:20:40

Gina Ford doesn't have children. Nothing wrong with that, but if she did she might be a little bit less strict about indulging in one of life's sweetest pleasures - cuddling your child to sleep.

Hope today brought some answers and perhaps hope, or at least a sense of progress. Been thinking of you lots

Jenny70 Thu 29-Aug-13 19:41:07

Thinking of you Tunnocks, haven't posted before - my DH had brain surgery before I met him (not cancer, a cyst, but mostly fatal due to lack of diagnosis) - and he is 100% now.

In a weird way when I/we have faced other health issues before success stories filled with me with dread, as if someone else had "taken" the 10% success and I must be "left" with the other... which is nonsense... but your DH sounds absolutely lovely and I am wishing you the very best results from MRI, surgery and to your fundraising project beyond. Statistics include those that come into the condition in a very bad way, so have everything crossed that he does fantabulously well and this shadow is lifted from your little family.

MissStrawberry Thu 29-Aug-13 19:54:32

I can't say anything more than I hope today went as well as it could and don't forget to put some new batteries in the smoke alarm.

I hope you had a productive meeting with your DH's team today and lots of questions were answered.

sybilfaulty Thu 29-Aug-13 22:34:20

Hope today gave you more of a timetable for the journey to wellness

Thinking of you all.

HighJinx Fri 30-Aug-13 06:39:56

I hope it went well yesterday.

Thinking of you x

tobiasfunke Fri 30-Aug-13 09:41:50

Checking in today to send some postivie vibes and hope it went ok yesterday.

greenhill Fri 30-Aug-13 09:54:33

Thinking of you and your family and sending positive thoughts your way.

alli1968 Fri 30-Aug-13 10:28:19

Thinking of you today - much love xx

thinking of you all today.

jumpingpillows Fri 30-Aug-13 11:56:07

thinking of you

Hi again Tunnocks. Nice to see you on a nice shiny new thread. I hope this weekend isn't too difficult for all of you. The waiting is the worst.

Paddling I hope you had good news today.

Oops I mean yesterday!

This thread is not accepting new messages.