Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So it looks like DH has a brain tumour

(1000 Posts)
tunnocksteacake Fri 09-Aug-13 20:55:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mineofuselessinformation Wed 28-Aug-13 08:00:55

Tunnocks, it's always darkest just before dawn iykwim. Sending you a (hug).

scarecrow22 Wed 28-Aug-13 07:49:11

((hugs)) from me too. You too must be a lovely person to be loved by such a wonderful man.

wrigglebum Wed 28-Aug-13 07:43:28

More hugs for you. I hope you managed to get some sleep.

He sounds like such an amazing man with a wonderful family. We are all keeping everything crossed for you.

Vintagebeads Wed 28-Aug-13 07:34:52

Just wanted to add my support along with everyone else.My DF was given a poor prognosis , he was a young man and the shock and awe knocked us all off our feet.He went into work to let them know he would be on leave and was chatting to a co worker who was offering his positive thoughts.Two weeks later DF was sat at his co workers funeral.Life is so fragile we dont know whats ahead.I wish you all the very best and pray that hopefully things will not be as bad as first thought thanks

topbannana Wed 28-Aug-13 07:19:23

tunnocks
I am so fortunate to have not been in your situation and so I don't know what to say (though I doubt there much anyone can say at the moment)
Just know that I and many other Mners are thinking of you and your family (((hug)))

Dilidali Wed 28-Aug-13 07:08:53

I am so sorry you have to go through this. But you can do it, you can stay strong and keep a clear head even in such overwhelming circumstances.
Here's a hand to hold.

ChickenLickenSticken Wed 28-Aug-13 07:02:07

Oh tunnocks. I can't imagine the despair you must be feeling. I haven't anything useful to say but am always checking in.

DangoDays Wed 28-Aug-13 06:59:05

Big hug.

PastaBeeandCheese Wed 28-Aug-13 06:23:38

trazzle is right. Bad things happen to good people and it isn't fair. It's totally shit.

Trazzletoes Wed 28-Aug-13 04:51:37

Why is this happening?

Because life can be really bloody unfair sometimes.

Massive hug.

tunnocksteacake Wed 28-Aug-13 04:44:26

tunnocksteacake Wed 28-Aug-13 04:43:52

tunnocksteacake Wed 28-Aug-13 04:43:09

Thumbwitch Wed 28-Aug-13 04:27:20

Tunnocks, xposted - it isn't at all trivial to feel sad about not having a 3rd baby. It's because it was part of a plan you had - and now you feel that plan has to change.
You may still be able to have that baby later, even if DH has all the toxic treatments - you can have his sperm frozen for later if you want to. Just a thought to bear in mind.

I saw way upthread that someone already mentioned the Penny Brohn Cancer centre in Bristol - although they deal in complementary therapies, which currently might not be your thing, they do also offer counselling services, and a sympathetic ear. They never go against medical advice but offer other things that you can do alongside the conventional treatment that your DH will be undergoing - I believe it's worth contacting them, even just so you can feel like you're doing something proactive while you wait for the operation. www.pennybrohncancercare.org/

LeaveIt Wed 28-Aug-13 04:25:44

I'm so sorry Tunnock's for what you and your family are going through right now. I just wanted to let you know that there is someone up at this time of night that's thinking of you.

Thumbwitch Wed 28-Aug-13 04:22:56

I also agree that you need to live each day as it comes, of course the future is uncertain but then it is for everyone (do I win "trite saying of the thread" award?) - while this illness will change your future, in as yet undefined ways, you can avoid it stealing your present at least.

The operation must be soon, isn't it?

And you only have a few posts left on this thread, so should probably start a new one if you want to and link it back here.

tunnocksteacake Wed 28-Aug-13 04:21:36

tunnocksteacake Wed 28-Aug-13 04:20:41

tunnocksteacake Wed 28-Aug-13 04:12:01

MrsShrek3 Wed 28-Aug-13 00:15:59

that's the one, fut. I did that too.
((hugs)) tunnocks. thanks
so many of us sending you good vibes and so many of have been pretty much where you are... sadly. I really wish nobody had to go through this. bloody evil diseaseangry

FutTheShuckUp Tue 27-Aug-13 22:23:52

Cry if you need to, it helps get your emotions in check. When DH was ill I cried everywhere all over the place to everyone I saw. The lady in the hospital shop looked terrified and my GP asked if I was crying because of the long waitgrin. It is just what our body needs to do at times

tunnocksteacake Tue 27-Aug-13 22:20:08

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Tue 27-Aug-13 21:41:38

What did you all do today Tunnocks?

tunnocksteacake Tue 27-Aug-13 21:11:15

Nocakeformeplease Tue 27-Aug-13 20:53:32

Oh my darling... there has been so much good advice here and not sure how much I can add but I wanted to add my support.

My gorgeous 4 year old DS was diagnosed with a kidney tumour 9 weeks ago. He has had weekly chemo and will have surgery to remove the tumour on the same day as your DH.

It is still very early days for you - at this stage I was still walking around in a state of disbelief. I simply couldn't accept what was happening and couldn't look at my DS without imagining life without him sad. I'm not going to pretend its all rosy now, but in my experience this stage is the worst. It does get slightly easier once you start treatment and are busy with appointments etc. Try not to obsess about the statistics - they are purely numbers and no amount of statistics can predict how your DH will respond.

Minmooch summed it up perfectly for me when she said somehow you manage to live, love and laugh through this fucking awful cancer malarkey. I would never have believed it possible before this happened but its true. I still have some very dark moments but I am trying to take it one day and one step at a time.

Will be thinking of you and your DH on Monday x

This thread is not accepting new messages.