Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So it looks like DH has a brain tumour

(1000 Posts)
tunnocksteacake Fri 09-Aug-13 20:55:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scarecrow22 Fri 09-Aug-13 21:43:14

Another person thinking of you, feeling for you, and wishing you strength and a speedy recovery. Obviously the focus is on your DH, but remember DC needs you more than ever, so do look after yourself: find a person or people you can talk to at any hour, find practical support like cleaning or school runs or cooking when you are busy with medical appointments, and give yourself time and space to cry or escape, or just to be.
Kind wishes, Scarecrow

tunnocksteacake Fri 09-Aug-13 21:43:24

TheSecondComing Fri 09-Aug-13 21:46:52

littlemisswise Fri 09-Aug-13 21:47:51

<hand holding too>

Wishing you all lots of positive vibes.xxxx

tunnocksteacake Fri 09-Aug-13 21:47:59

tunnocksteacake Fri 09-Aug-13 21:49:28

I'm so sorry to hear of these troubles tunnocks.

Lots of good posts here, so I'll just go off on some tangents ...

Hope you can make it somehow to the balloon fiesta with DH and DS .... can someone drive you all ? I'm sure you could ask a friend and they'd be happy to help.

Also great that you've already passed your driving test.
Can you get a friend to go out with you, or possibly DH, to get your confidence up and get back to driving, as that will give you all more independence since DH not able to drive at present ?

Otherwise one day at a time seems a good approach to anything medical ... and life in general flowers

tunnocksteacake Fri 09-Aug-13 21:51:36

wrigglebum Fri 09-Aug-13 21:53:29

Very similar ages! My 4 yo is very into friends at the moment so would always be happy to have a new play mate! Message me if there's anything I can do.

everlong Fri 09-Aug-13 21:53:34

I'm really sorry to read this tunnocks, a worrying time for you all.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers x

TheSecondComing Fri 09-Aug-13 21:56:15

AmandinePoulain Fri 09-Aug-13 21:57:59

sad

I remember you from mc threads way back, I'm sorry that you're family is facing more trauma.

I've heard excellent things about Frenchay, I'm sure that you will receive fantastic care there. All the best xxx

I can do praying too smile

I agree with everybody else - small and accessible are excellent words to be hearing and you will get past this. Fantastic that your dh has been referred and diagnosed now rather than in a few weeks or months.
Re the driving - I passed two years ago and have driven all the time since but I do remember how scary it was at first. So get a couple of refresher lessons and then get out there on the road. Start small, local roads that you know, no scary turns etc and go to the supermarkets that always have big empty chunks of carpark. Then as you get more confident go for the more complex locations.

tunnocksteacake Fri 09-Aug-13 22:02:59

TheYoniWayIsUp Fri 09-Aug-13 22:07:04

You sound very strong and together. My thoughts are with you and your lovely husband. I'm sure one day this will all be just a horrible memory. My dad had cancer- a different type- but it was a scary scary time, and yet he's now fully recovered. There is always hope. xxx

Oh. Shitty news like this shakes the core of your being. Thoughts and prayers from Bath to you, your DH and loved ones.

I would happily come and sit with you in your car pootling around Bristol whilst you build confidence driving.

I'm shit at name tapes too. Don't own an iron. But could happily write names in with a pen for you.

headinhands Fri 09-Aug-13 22:08:17

Hi Tunnock

So sorry about the news. I should think you're all all over the place. Sounds like there's very good reason to be positive (which is easy to say I can imagine.)

Thinking of you.

tunnocksteacake Fri 09-Aug-13 22:08:46

BrianTheMole Fri 09-Aug-13 22:09:08

Sorry to hear that tunnock, its not easy. Take one day at a time and stay positive. Theres no point in worrying until you have something to worry about. It sounds as though its likely there will be a good outcome at this stage. Hang on to that thought.

dunkedbiscuits Fri 09-Aug-13 22:10:31

Im so sorry to hear this but believe me that this is the worst time. The fear of the unknown is horrendous. But once you have a plan and a way to fight this horrid disease then it gets a bit better.
Keep strong and look to the positives.

tunnocksteacake Fri 09-Aug-13 22:12:11

cocolepew Fri 09-Aug-13 22:12:33

Thinking of you Tunnock x

Sidge Fri 09-Aug-13 22:17:02

Oh bugger and botheration sad

Sending you and your family strength and healing vibes and keeping everything crossed for a positive outcome and a small, harmless little tumour that leaps out of his skull into the surgeon's hands!

Hugs xxx

TheSecondComing Fri 09-Aug-13 22:20:45

20 miles? <faints>

Well, we're practically neighbours wink Writing in uniform and driving to the end of your road and back offer still stands. You could drive me to Lacock for NT cake once you've got the hang of it.

May you all sleep well.

This thread is not accepting new messages.