Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Oesophagitis? Need advice

(6 Posts)
gingeroots Tue 06-Aug-13 21:29:57

I think you need to go back to see a doctor . In meantime don't eat 3 hours before bed and sleep in as upright position as you can .

You could also try peppermint tea .

orangeandemons Tue 06-Aug-13 20:41:05

Yes, pain med is Ok as long as not ibuprofen type thing or aspirin. Paracetamol is probably hest

Tittypulumpcious Tue 06-Aug-13 13:39:39

Can I take any pain medication? I'm in a lot of pain and my head and ears are banging sad

Tittypulumpcious Tue 06-Aug-13 11:53:47

Thank you

orangeandemons Tue 06-Aug-13 11:31:00

You need tablets. Omeprazole are the ones. Or Zantac.

Tittypulumpcious Tue 06-Aug-13 11:29:27

Hello,

For 4 days now I have had what feels like heartburn/indigestion/trappedwind. I can't swallow food as it hurts too much, my throat to my chest hurts a constant throbbing.

When I move I get what feels like a spasm in my throat and chest. My neck hurts, my back and my chest.

I took my doxycycline tablet the night before this happened and then went to bed. I've since found out this is a side effect of this pill.

I'm not in the UK (home) so went to local Dr here. He gave me gaviscon! I am on fire I feel awful can anyone suggest anything else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now