Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

stress rash/urticaria.

(3 Posts)
Cheeriosfortotoro Mon 05-Aug-13 20:29:17

whenever i suffer from stress or high anxiety i get massive red whelts all over my body that takes weeks to calm down. it starts with an itchy scalp then my ears go red and puffy. then the red whelts appear. i ususally take steroids to treat it but i wonderd if anyone knows of any other treatments? im currently watching for whelts as iv got the itchy scalp and puffy ears. the gp's dont seem that fussed about it and give me steroids as they work but it makes me misrable sad i know exactly whats caused it stress wise this time and im working on that. its just so embarassing as i know it will cover my face as well and i feel too embaressed to leave the house.

Holly94 Mon 05-Aug-13 21:39:59

Hiya, I don't have any advice other than steroids but didnt want to read and run as I also suffer from this sad I feel so ugly when I get it, it's horrible isn't it.
Have you tried Aveeno cream? I take it alongside using steroid cream and find it takes the itch and redness away almost immediately. Sorry to hear you're also affected, I know it's horrible.

Cheeriosfortotoro Mon 05-Aug-13 22:18:06

thanks holly i will give that a try. it is hard to deal with and makes me feel ugly too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now