Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can I take NSAIDs and Aspirin at the same time?

(2 Posts)
TheSunTheMoonTheTruth Mon 05-Aug-13 10:10:50

I don't usually take aspirin. But, I have a migraine. It's not horrendously debilitating, but making me vomit and feel terrible. I took a napraxen (an NSAID) about 1.5 hours ago, which I usually take for back pain, but I threw up about 20 mins later, don't know how much would have been absorbed.

DH has bought me some Aspirin Extra (with paracetamol in - haven't taken any of that yet as was out of it). Can I take it now or do I have to wait until the 4hrs is up after taking Napraxen? I won't be taking them together again through the day.

moonbells Mon 05-Aug-13 11:27:04

Best wait. Never take more than one class of drug at a time. I write the time I take a given drug on my hand because I get so woozy with a migraine I can't remember otherwise!

My migraine plan: if I suspect one, I take 2 paracetamol and codeine (which is same as migraleve minus the caffeine).

If it doesn't work, 2 hours later I take 2 ibuprofen. 2 hours after that, 2 more P&C. Usually that does it.

I would get some migraleve and take them, but don't risk any more NSAIDs until your 4h is up (in about 1h10min if I have done the maths right!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now