Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Damaged breast tissue ?

(21 Posts)
Lonelybunny Tue 06-Aug-13 19:25:21

I'm just sick of this now how do I message you Lem?

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 06-Aug-13 18:38:34

LEM the consultant told me after my core biopsy that I would look and feel like a horse had kicked me and I did.
Lonely it sounds that have had the lump looked at, believe me if they had any doubt in their mind that it was not a blocked duct you would have been straight down the breast clinic. I recently had a lump that was unusual to say the least I have spent a lot of the last 6 months in the breast clinic.

LEMisdisappointed Tue 06-Aug-13 17:08:39

What im saying is, breasts bruise easily and if you FIDDLE with them, they will get lumpy and bumpy and you'll panic yourself!!!!!

LEMisdisappointed Tue 06-Aug-13 17:07:06

it does rather remind me of when i went for a ride on my friends horse a while back, i didn't have the appropriate bra on, i had the mother of all bruises on both breasts, it looked like the horse had kicked me!!

LEMisdisappointed Tue 06-Aug-13 16:55:22

Lonely, i KNEW this would be your thread sweetheart sad you are going to stop you know this don't you. Have you started the ADs? PM me if you want to xx

Lonelybunny Tue 06-Aug-13 16:50:53

It's terrified me ! I don't know what I e do e sad

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 06-Aug-13 13:19:49

Breasts bruise horribly and it lasts for ages. Core biopsy bruise two weeks, excisional biopsy 4 weeks of bruising. The bruising also sinks to the lowest possible point too.

Lonelybunny Tue 06-Aug-13 11:27:51

I will see what it's like tommorow if it gets worse k will go to a&e

DoItTooJulia Tue 06-Aug-13 11:21:17

Can you pop to a walk in centre or similar for a quick second opinion?

Lonelybunny Tue 06-Aug-13 11:16:44

It's bad my nipple is black :-/

DoItTooJulia Tue 06-Aug-13 10:48:40

Oh no. Horrible to be panicky about it. How's the bruising today?

Lonelybunny Tue 06-Aug-13 08:44:55

The milks dried up now , I'm terrified think I'm having a panic attack I may have to call it a day and go home

Elibean Mon 05-Aug-13 20:54:28

Ah - so you are breastfeeding?

Honestly, Lone, have a good holiday and don't worry - sounds very bruise like, and blocked ductish [medical scientific terms]

smile

Lonelybunny Mon 05-Aug-13 19:06:14

It is funny colours ! It's like a purple pink yellow grey ?

Lonelybunny Mon 05-Aug-13 19:02:18

On a breast feeding group they said squeeze it hard and it will break it up now it just feels like a swollen lump :-/

Elibean Mon 05-Aug-13 18:23:05

If you haven't already gone, Lonelybunny....breasts do bruise rather spectacularly. At least, mine do. I had a core biopsy once, and the bruise took at least a week to fade.

I know all about IBC paranoia too, having had lopsided nipple and weird 'bite' on one boob once - and a friend who had it - but honestly, the odds are so so low! If the bruise starts to fade over the next few days, or turn interesting colours, you will know for sure smile

Have a great holiday, and try not to worry (ha ha, I know).

By the way...who told you to squeeze it hard?

DoItTooJulia Mon 05-Aug-13 15:31:33

Oh. Well, at least that more reassuring than the alternative!

Lonelybunny Mon 05-Aug-13 11:39:26

GP didn't really have much to say tbh she just said if its not gone down in a couple of weeks to come back

DoItTooJulia Mon 05-Aug-13 08:02:29

Emergency go appt? Worth getting it checked.

Bearandcub Mon 05-Aug-13 07:59:14

Oh dear, something soothing like for the bruising? Sounds like it could be mastitis.

Bumping for someone with more knowledge

Lonelybunny Mon 05-Aug-13 07:46:34

I had what felt like a large hard blocked duct and was told to squeeze it hard to in block it which I tried to do and it helped a little however the bruising on my breast tissue now is unreal it's black and blue and has spread quite far and the bruised skin feels thicker then the normal skin . Has anyone had this before ? I'm terrified it could be inflammatory breast cancer even tho deep down I'm sure it's where I squeezed the duct too hard but I'm going on holiday today and don't no what to do ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now