Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really hellish periods, can anyone help??

(6 Posts)
MaryRose Sun 04-Aug-13 13:46:51

Came off the pill about a year ago as DH had the snip. Since then my periods have been getting gradually worse, they last for a week to ten days, are heavy but also in the first few days I now get an upset tummy, feel sick, suffer from awful headaches and generally feel knackered. Has anyone else experienced this and what can be done?

Matildathecat Sun 04-Aug-13 15:27:50

Mirena works really well for me, no bleeds at all though it doesn't suit everyone. Otherwise back on the pill? Discuss with GP, sounds miserable.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GobblersKnob Sun 04-Aug-13 18:58:47

Mine are only 3-4 days and not that heavy, but I still get all your other crap symptoms, it's horrible isn't it? I asked the gp and she just told me I was getting older and they would eventually stop, am only 30's hmm

MaryRose Sun 04-Aug-13 19:00:23

I'm 36 so presumably I could have 10-15 more years of this aaaaahh! Think I must see GP

JuliaScurr Sun 04-Aug-13 19:03:32

some medics seem to expect us to put up with any old shite
try going back a few times, then look at alternative stuff, herbalism, nutritional, acupuncture etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now