Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

5 day hangover bit worried

(16 Posts)
mandmsmummy Wed 31-Jul-13 17:40:14

Just that really, had a few too many wines on Friday, I normally know my limits. Very sick until sat lunchtime then been knackered, nauseous, shaky since. Started to feel a bit more human today, had two coffees now feel shaky light headed again. Been eating and drinking fine since sat but write these effects are still around. Any advice?

mandmsmummy Wed 31-Jul-13 17:40:38

Worried not write!

itsallaboutyoubaby Wed 31-Jul-13 17:40:47

Could you be pregnant?

mandmsmummy Wed 31-Jul-13 17:50:32

No I'm pretty sure I'm not, had a period and all seems to have started since the drunkeness! Don't know if its because I'm too old for hangovers or if its possible to have damaged myself in one night? I had five wines, two pimms and two champers! A lot for me which is why I was sick but still feel groggy now

Matildathecat Wed 31-Jul-13 18:56:08

Most symptoms of a hangover are caused by dehydration and low blood sugars, so loads of fluids, maybe a sports drink should help restore your blood chemistry plus carby foods. Paracetamol should help headaches and general malaise. Maybe you just have a coincidental bug? Five days does seem extreme. I suppose there's no chance your drink was spiked? That is a really scarey reality these days.

Hope you had a good night!!!!!

mandmsmummy Wed 31-Jul-13 20:21:07

Hi
Thanks
I don't think my drink was spiked! Should I be getting medical advice? Or just waiting it out?

Matildathecat Wed 31-Jul-13 20:30:53

Don't think there's much your doctor could do. Sounds like the coffee set you off again? Maybe try something like lucozade or even diorrholyte. Don't get dehydrated in the heat, keep sipping that fluid! And eat.

mandmsmummy Wed 31-Jul-13 20:49:13

Thanks, I feel dreadful tonight like the hangover is back. I wondered if the coffee has made it worse. I was worried I had some internal problem caused by the alcohol as I don't know much about it. Feel ridiculous at my age (late 30s)

Matildathecat Wed 31-Jul-13 21:17:44

Maybe all that vomiting has given you a touch of gastritis, maybe something like gaviscon could help. Chat to doctor if still worried tomorrow? Could you stomach some yoghurt to soothe?

LowLevelWhinging Wed 31-Jul-13 21:23:06

my (non-expert) vote is for a coincidental bug as I've just had similar.

A bad hangover became general malaise, loss of appetite, sleeping for England and eventually nausea and diarrhoea a few days later.

Hope you feel better soon.

mandmsmummy Wed 31-Jul-13 21:47:32

Thanks all, that would make sense. My tummy is upset tonight so my hubby thinks I've got a bug through being low the last few days. Really appreciate all the advice, love my mumsnet chums! Xx

mandmsmummy Thu 01-Aug-13 20:10:43

I had a telephone consultation with the doctor today wh has said it could be gastritis from being so sick. Have gaviscon and anti sickness tablets and have o go back next week if no better x

LowLevelWhinging Fri 02-Aug-13 13:30:08

How are you feeling now OP?

mandmsmummy Sat 03-Aug-13 22:21:10

OP? A lot better thanks x

LowLevelWhinging Sun 04-Aug-13 10:13:35

OP = original poster, ie you smile

glad you're better

mandmsmummy Mon 05-Aug-13 13:07:54

Ah I see! Thanks for asking x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now