Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have the dentist today

(11 Posts)
Jestrin Tue 09-Jul-13 11:41:48

...and I am so scared sad. Please hold my hand!

I posted a few weeks ago about needing a bridge. Well in the meantime a wisdom tooth has broken! So today's appointment is to see to that. Possibly filled. Then in three weeks I have an appointment to start the bridge preparations and three weeks after that, the bridge will be fitted. My dentist is great. I am so happy to have found her. I just wish I didn't get so frightened!

Jestrin Tue 09-Jul-13 12:41:54

No one? <crying emoticon>

OliviaMMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 09-Jul-13 18:05:33

How did it go???
Maybe some other fellow dentophobes can help for the next visit?
BUMP

DENTSPOURRIS Tue 09-Jul-13 18:14:43

Oh I wished I had seen it earlier....I hope it went ok !!!

Jestrin Tue 09-Jul-13 19:32:43

Hello! I am home and pleased to report it went very well! The dental practice I have are absolutely brilliant from the receptionists to my dentist and nurse. I'm home and have been looked after.

I have two appointments coming up in the following weeks and I've come home feeling that, although I will be having the sedation again, I can cope. smile

Well done smile you were brave today and you'll be even braver next time.

Jestrin Tue 09-Jul-13 20:59:05

When I was sitting in the waiting room beforehand, I thought...I can't do this and I can't do the other appointments coming up. The fear is that strong. It is horrible sad . But since being home I have thought 'yes, I can do it' and I will go again in three weeks.

Jestrin Tue 09-Jul-13 21:00:20

Thank you Dentsporris and OhYouBadBadKitten AND OliviaMumsNet who emailed me earlier. smile

DENTSPOURRIS Thu 11-Jul-13 12:23:52

You have been braver than me..I still didn't go

Newcupboards Thu 11-Jul-13 17:27:18

Come on Dentspourris - you can do it!

Jestrin Thu 11-Jul-13 19:00:12

Don't beat yourself up DENTSPOURRIS Years ago I chipped a front tooth and saw five different dentists before I plucked up the courage to let one of them fix it!! I would see one and they'd say they'd book me in to fix it and I would just never return because I couldn't face it.

Have you ever just gone, not to have a check up or work, but just to talk about your fear? I found it helped me a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now