Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Erm...Any ideas?

(38 Posts)
CajaDeLaMemoria Mon 08-Jul-13 11:07:00

I'm mortified to be writing this, but I don't know where else to ask.

I'm on the pill. I have been for years. I use it to completely stop periods, due to other health problems. It has worked fine for years, no breakthrough bleeding. My periods, when I do have them, are mild. No cramps, I don't get PMT.

Today I am bleeding. Bright red blood. It seemed to start when I woke up, and is now gushing. In the minute between getting out of the shower and being able to get dressed, it covered the insides of my legs.

I've got stomach cramps in bizarre waves, they seem so regular you could use them as a clock.

I've been really, really emotional for the past two weeks, too, but I don't know if that's related. And very bloated.

I don't know what this is. I haven't missed a pill or anything. I did get rather dehydrated yesterday but I've never heard of that causing anything like this?!

I don't think I've ever seen so much blood in my life. It's so red and clotty and it looks like proper blood...like I'm bleeding out an organ or something.

I'm scared sad

Hawkmoth Mon 08-Jul-13 11:12:33

Can you get to a and e?

magimedi Mon 08-Jul-13 11:12:49

With great respect - get off the internet & call a doctor or get to a hospital.

Please - & let us know how you are later on.

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 08-Jul-13 11:14:29

Please go to doctors now

fuzzpig Mon 08-Jul-13 11:15:42

Could you be pregnant, if the pill hasn't worked properly sad

I agree to go to a&e now though.

Thinking of you thanks

CajaDeLaMemoria Mon 08-Jul-13 11:16:51

I'm waiting for 101 to call me back. They weren't sure where to send me. The nearest A&E is a 50 minute drive away and I don't know if I'll make it.

I just wondered if anyone knew what it could be. I don't think I can cope with anymore bombshells, so some idea of what they might say would be nice. Although unlikely, I suppose!

I could try and get someone to drive me there I guess?

wannabeawallaby Mon 08-Jul-13 11:18:22

Yes, do. A&E and get on with it! smile

magimedi Mon 08-Jul-13 11:19:29

Pregnancy & miscarriage (sorry to say) sounds likely to me - but no one can diagnose you over the internet.

I would get someone to drive you to A&E asap - hope you get some help soon.

flowers

Josie1974 Mon 08-Jul-13 11:22:23

Miscarriage? Are you passing clots? I think I'd call an ambulance if you're that far from hospital and losing a lot of blood. Or even yr gp might make an emergency visit?

eurozammo Mon 08-Jul-13 11:22:55

It does sound like a possible mc to me. If it is and the bleeding is as heavy as you describe, you really should get to A&E.

DearPrudence Mon 08-Jul-13 11:31:59

Hope you're on your way to A&E. thanks

CajaDeLaMemoria Mon 08-Jul-13 11:34:49

Oh god.

I'll call an ambulance now.

fuzzpig Mon 08-Jul-13 11:41:18

Good luck Caja x

magimedi Mon 08-Jul-13 11:50:50

Thinking of you - hope all is OK.

MustafaCake Mon 08-Jul-13 11:53:09

Hope you are in that ambulance and OK.

XXX

Hawkmoth Mon 08-Jul-13 12:51:09

Hope all works out ok.

CajaDeLaMemoria Mon 08-Jul-13 14:57:34

I am sat in a small room.

Both doctors have disappeared.

I don't think they believe I'm in my 20s. They keep trying to call my parents.

Do I tell DP?

MeeWhoo Mon 08-Jul-13 15:17:46

Good to hear you are being examined. I think you should tell DP, it's always good to have the moral support.

TeamSouthfields Mon 08-Jul-13 15:28:29

Sounds like a miscarriage hmm

Ofcourse tell ur partner, why wouldnt u?

wannabeawallaby Mon 08-Jul-13 16:08:49

Of COURSE you tell DP - ring him immediately. Can't believe he isn't there with you. Please ring him.

DearPrudence Mon 08-Jul-13 16:53:29

If your DP had started bleeding heavily and gone to hospital would you expect him to tell you? Of course you would.

Glad you're being seen, and thanks for the update.

malteserzz Mon 08-Jul-13 17:01:28

I hope by now you've told DP and are being seen, let us know how you get on and best of luck

DearPrudence Mon 08-Jul-13 21:15:25

How are you doing now? Hope everything's OK.

Hope you're okay OP.

ChestyNut Tue 09-Jul-13 11:03:28

How are you caja?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now