Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pink mole/spot on labia

(17 Posts)
digerd Mon 08-Jul-13 14:03:55

Good news OP
My tiny dot is still there, but doesn't bother me. The word lesion is used a lot to cover many things. On my chest X-ray, it showed a' lesion' according to GP and was indicative of a chest infection. < didn't like the word as was worried it meant lung cancer>. A follow up X-ray after 6 weeks with no ABs showed my chest was clear .
Don't know why GP would call a cyst a lesion, but the important word is benign = harmless.

ZolaBuddleia Mon 08-Jul-13 12:31:09

Ooh, no idea, sorry. Mine were removed in a hospital, not the doctor's surgery.

limpingalong Mon 08-Jul-13 10:50:07

Hi Zola. Silly I didn't ask what a benign lesion was - just thought it meant mole? Do you think it could be a cyst with that description. Said it couldn't be removed at surgery so would need to be referred.

ZolaBuddleia Mon 08-Jul-13 10:40:17

It was no big deal at all to have my cysts removed, the one that was the size of a pea had two stitches and the smaller one had one.

limpingalong Mon 08-Jul-13 10:13:27

I have just come back from GP. Took me by surprise when they offered my appointment first thing. It was the GP that I saw 4 years ago. Took a look and said she wasn't concerned still. Described as a benign lesion. Said if you had it anywhere else like your arm you wouldn't be worried. Said if it was crusty sore or itchy then to come back. Did say I could have it removed if it bothered me. What do you think?

ZolaBuddleia Mon 08-Jul-13 08:11:16

No, same colour as the surrounding skin. They very much felt they were in in the skin, not on it, IYSWIM.

limpingalong Mon 08-Jul-13 08:03:23

Thanks Zola. Sorry to ask so many questions but where they a redy pink colour?

ZolaBuddleia Sun 07-Jul-13 23:09:53

I had vulval cysts for years that were removed under local. I had 2, pretty much where you're describing. They felt pretty hard, kind of the same consistency as a grape, not solid but not squishy, the surface was smooth and they didn't hurt.

digerd Sun 07-Jul-13 21:16:44

A cyst is usually soft and a tumour hard. Cancer of the vulva is apparently rare. My cyst was towards the bottom by the right side of vaginal opening. I was given nothing for it and it healed itself in a few weeks.
Never had warts, so no advice there, I'm afraid.
I'm sure it's nothing serious. But do get it checked as I did.

limpingalong Sun 07-Jul-13 18:17:08

Thanks digerd. I thought of a cyst, but I thought it would be firm and this is quite fleshy. Could a cyst be there for that amount of time. I had know idea that you could get cancer in this area which is a bit stupid of me. I am now kicking myself for not going back the GP before now.

digerd Sun 07-Jul-13 16:17:07

That is where mine was. I really shouldn't have squeezed it as could have got infected. GP said it was a cyst . Mine was sore and cancer lumps do not hurt usually - cysts do.
Have it looked at to put your mind at rest.
On the hairy bit edge- not cancer she saidsmile

limpingalong Sun 07-Jul-13 09:56:29

Well I don't think it is a skin tag as it is not floppy but it is soft. I have never tried squeezing it - maybe I should? Have you still got your spot digerd? If so what did the doctor say it was? I am so anxious about it. It does have hair around it but it is on the edge of the outer lip before it goes smooth if you see what I mean?

digerd Sun 07-Jul-13 09:50:41

I went to see my female GP, but mine was sore and was weeping as I had squeezed it gently.
She said if anything is on the hairy part it is not cancer, as cancer appears on the smooth/moist hairless part of the inner lips.
Also had a melanoma on my arm and loads of normal soft moles. My melanoma was hard.

Clargo55 Sat 06-Jul-13 20:45:01

Could it be a skin tag? I have one there, I also thought it was a wart. Doctor had a quick look and said it is just a skin tag and could freeze off if I wished.

Chubfuddler Sat 06-Jul-13 20:42:36

My daughter was born with one on her labia. It hasn't changed so I have assumed its nothing to worry about. She has a few birthmarks too so I just assumed its a similar thing.

ZolaBuddleia Sat 06-Jul-13 20:37:42

Could it be a cyst?

limpingalong Sat 06-Jul-13 20:32:12

When I was pregnant 4 years ago I spotted a pink spot on my labia. I worried that it was a wart and went to the GP. She didn't think it was because it was the only spot but didn't think it was anything to worry about, said it might be a Campbell morgan mole thing (I have a lot of them). Its not hard quite fleshy and smooth.

I have kind of forgotten it was there until I read an article on cancer of the vulva. This has sent me into panic. I will make another GP appointment. I don't think it has changed and it looks quite similar to a mole on my bottom but I am wanting some reassurance that you get moles in this area. Getting abit stressed,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now