Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Asthma inhaler and the shakes

(10 Posts)
digerd Mon 01-Jul-13 11:55:06

Not really. After sleeping at night for several hours, your body takes time to come round to its normal awake state - BP and pulse has been lowered for that time and everything has wound down. Then it has to wind itself up again. Symbicort is a steroid inhaler and does have the potential to get things going quicker than your own body can cope with.

I have always been a morning Zombie and take mine sometimes 3 hours after rising. But mostly 2 hours.

Kasterborous Sun 30-Jun-13 22:25:50

It just seems odd that I get shaky in the mornings but not evenings.

Reenypip Sun 30-Jun-13 22:12:32

It's a normal side effect. I've been on them for 24 years. Since I was 3 and I've always had shakiness from them

Reenypip Sun 30-Jun-13 22:11:38

I always get shaky after taking my inhalers

Chigley1 Sun 30-Jun-13 21:56:10

No experience of that one, sorry. Perhaps you could mention it to pharmacist, they know more about drugs than GPs I think!

digerd Sun 30-Jun-13 21:53:00

I have not experienced this reaction. But when I started on mine, it was in the winter and I noticed at night in bed I had night sweats - dripping wet. These lasted until the summer then went and never returned.

In the morning I don't take mine until after breakfast, so at least an hour or so after getting up.

Kasterborous Sun 30-Jun-13 21:51:16

No I don't smoke. My inhaler is called Symbicort.

Chigley1 Sun 30-Jun-13 21:47:31

Which inhaler is it? I always feel a bit shaky after taking mine (blue one- Salbutamol/Ventolin) It's a well known side effect.

Onetwothreeoops Sun 30-Jun-13 21:45:49

Are you a smoker? I used to get this when I smoked a cigarette after taking the inhaler. Since giving up smoking I haven't really needed to use one.

Don't know if that helps sorry.

Kasterborous Sun 30-Jun-13 21:39:25

I take my preventative inhaler twice a day. It's fine in the evenings but in the mornings when I take it I always feel shaky for up to three hours later. Is this normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now