Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

I've just eaten raw bacon

(12 Posts)
leakylills Mon 01-Jul-13 14:53:23

Bloddy hell of course I looked up raw bacon worms. Feel fine today, many thanks to you all...

acebaby Mon 01-Jul-13 09:07:18

leaky - I'm sure you will be fine. As others have said, it is cured and unlikely to contain anything too nasty

meditrina - didn't they get really ill after that midnight feast? Not that I want to worry the OP...

charitygirl Sun 30-Jun-13 22:47:24

Don't worry - my mum has been known to eat raw bacon while chopping it during cooking. When quizzed she says 'it's cured!'. And she's a doctor.

paddyclampo Sun 30-Jun-13 22:43:03

My DH also did that with raw pancetta and he was fine!

idiot55 Sun 30-Jun-13 22:00:40

You be fine, a colleague of mine once ate pancetta raw confusing it with Parma ham, no ill effects

CaptainJamesTKirk Sun 30-Jun-13 17:38:26

Ooh I just googled... Can I suggest you don't google 'raw bacon worms'. wink

You'll be fine.

leakylills Sun 30-Jun-13 17:36:12

stomach churning, bowls quivering too. Nerves most probably.

meditrina Sun 30-Jun-13 17:33:33

Yes, load your self up with veterinary worm pills for every species you can get your hands on. Just in case.

leakylills Sun 30-Jun-13 17:29:07

Because it looked like Parma ham type stuff. It didn't taste raw though just a bit chewy.. DD came home and told me she got it from the butchers to make Pasta.. I'm still bloody terrified. Am I going to get worms or something horrid like that. D'you think I should take one of tose worm pills ?

CaptainJamesTKirk Sun 30-Jun-13 17:22:29

I doubt you'll die... Can I be the first to say eeeewwwwwwww, how could you not tell?

meditrina Sun 30-Jun-13 17:21:39

No.

It's cured and really unlikely to be harbouring anything nasty. (Channels Thekla's Chalet School midnight feast).

leakylills Sun 30-Jun-13 17:16:33

I know I should be out and about on this beautiful day but... Well obviously I thought it was cooked. I've got some fancy foreign bacon in the fridge, sliced thin - and I scoffed it in a Sarnie. Will I die??? Help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now