Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chicken pox help!

(8 Posts)
Zoogeek Sun 07-Jul-13 19:32:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Zoogeek Sun 30-Jun-13 07:31:27

Do the spots (some of them, it doesn't have to be all of them) have little yellowish blisters on them? That is usually what chickenpox spots look like. Have a look at this picture here:

chickenpox

Otherwise, yes they can look like insect bites if you don't know what you are looking at. And yes, they need only be a few. You can try calamine lotion if your dd is scratching them or seems irritable. I think calpol won't do much good for the itching but can be used for bringing down a temperature. On the other hand, it won't harm to use it.

Have a look here for how to treat cp

BikeRunSki Sat 29-Jun-13 21:58:39

DS had 3 spots for 5 days, plus cold symptoms and lots of wingeing. On the sixth days, he exploded with spots and was covered from head to toe within a few hours.

VashtaNerada Sat 29-Jun-13 21:56:34

Watching with interest as DS has similar symptoms and we're not sure either! However, DD has had it and I took her to the GP for diagnosis. I was pg too and they said I should be fine if I'd already had it, but had a blood test for reassurance.

mummywantsaliedown Sat 29-Jun-13 21:56:04

I meant to add, you can treat any itchiness with cream or a foam which we went for - I can't remember the name but ask your chemist and they will know.

mummywantsaliedown Sat 29-Jun-13 21:54:13

I seem to remember that when my DD1 had the pox, we went on the nhs website for symptoms, I'm sure they had pictures too.

Zoogeek Sat 29-Jun-13 21:49:52

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now