Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TMI - postnatal incontinence?

(3 Posts)
philbee Sat 29-Jun-13 12:29:13

Thank you. I still don't really know what's happening but I think maybe it is cm not urine. My big fear is that it's a prolapse, but I walked a lot yesterday and it was no worse, so that seems like a good sign. It's been so long since I had cycles I can't remember what to expect! I'll just have to wait for the gynaecologist referral I think.

Dahlialover Thu 27-Jun-13 16:51:20

I used to have a problem of leaking after going to the loo, where urine had not cleared properly from the urethra, due to damage. This was just in the weeks post-natal and sorted with pelvic floor exercises and I did not need to have an op for that.

Cervical mucus is stringy if you get some on your fingers and pull them apart. I have also felt wet from the effects of having a dry vagina due to lack of oestrogen ( I know that makes no sense!) which I have heard can happen if you are breast feeding.

Not sure what you can do but hope this gives you some ideas.

philbee Thu 27-Jun-13 14:47:33

I had DD2 9 weeks ago and have had no problem with wee leakage (or other leakage) until middle of the night yesterday. As I sat and fed her in bed I could feel myself leaking. It doesn't happen with coughing, sneezing etc. GP has referred me and says not infection but can shed no light. I am worried - has anyone else had this? Only other thing I think it could be is return of fertile cervical mucus, but I really can't tell, could it feel similar? Sorry for tmi. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now