Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Missing period - evening primrose oil?

(2 Posts)
hiddenhome Tue 25-Jun-13 23:11:08

Try Black Cohosh for a while as it can help to balance your hormones. I guess you could go back to your doctor and have more tests to find out what your hormone levels are doing.

TenthMuse Tue 25-Jun-13 13:06:54

For several months I've taken evening primrose oil for PMS/cyclical breast pain at the suggestion of my GP (1300mg/day). My periods have been very erratic lately - been for fertility tests and apparently I am ovulating normally, but cycle can be anything from 21 to 29 days. The last couple of months' cycles were particularly short (21 days) so I stopped taking the EPO to see whether that could actually be making things worse. Now I'm on day 30 of my cycle and no sign of any bleeding - had breast tenderness/mood swings as usual and very light spotting a few days ago but nothing else.

I'm 32 and my cycle used to be run like clockwork, but lately these irregular periods have made me worried I could be perimenopausal. (No kids yet but definitely want them) Could coming off the EPO have messed up my hormones this month? Does anyone else have experience of it affecting your cycle?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now