Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Light headed and dizzy. I keeled over this morning when I bent down to pick something up.

(12 Posts)
PMTIsMe Tue 25-Jun-13 09:40:08

I'm feeling sorry for myself today sad I woke in the night to go to the loo and when I lay back down the room just went hideously spinny. When I got up this morning I felt light headed and wrong. A bit later I bent to pick something up, and the whole world went up, down and sideways and I fell over. I daren't even try to bend down now! I am a hay fever sufferer, tho its quite well controlled with a prescription anti-histamine, but is this still likely to be the cause...? I have had this on and off for 2 weeks now. Any advice would be great.

TanteRose Tue 25-Jun-13 09:42:28

there's a lot of it about today

hope you feel better soon

This is a gp today situation. Have you got a temp?

Pascha Tue 25-Jun-13 09:42:52

Sounds like labyrinthitis to me. Call your gp, you can get some medication to help.

PMTIsMe Tue 25-Jun-13 09:48:20

No temp. Hmm. Will try GP but unlikely to get an appt for days.
Yes Tante I noticed that one! I suffer when horizontal, the other OP when vertical!

MzPixielated Tue 25-Jun-13 09:50:34

Posteral hypertension?
Apologies for my spelling!

PMTIsMe Tue 25-Jun-13 09:51:10

Blimey! Got an appt for today! Thanks for the nudge smile

MadeOfStarDust Tue 25-Jun-13 10:36:13

there is a virus going round here in Gloucestershire where positional vertigo is a symptom - looking up , leaning head forward or rolling over in bed cause dizzyness and nausea for 10 to 30 seconds - the worst bouts can be had when trying to wrap your hair in a towel - lasts about 2 months and some people me but not hubby need to have physio because it does something to the hairs in your inner ear causing debris that confuses your balance system etc...

yay!!
yes, your case is very different from the others smile

PMTIsMe Tue 25-Jun-13 11:25:24

Yes that sounds similar Made, and I'm no so far from Gloucestershire as it happens!

Anyway, doc says its labrynthitis (sp?) which is viral and has given me some anti-dizzy meds so fingers crossed. I would go off for lie down now, but a sit down is probably less nausea inducing smile

MadeOfStarDust Tue 25-Jun-13 11:47:22

So glad you have been to the docs - always best to check... sorry it is Labyrinthitis though - can be a bugger to shift it... makes life a bit of a pain for a while (the meds dulled it for me, but still had the odd whoooshhh of dizziness) - the silliest things - I had to cancel a dental appointment - lying down with head back below horizontal -noooooooooooo........ I had a haircut - but whoooshhhhhhh when she turned my head downwards to get the ends straight.....

Fingers crossed it passes quickly!!

glad you got a diagnosis - I hope it passes quickly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now