Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Migraine and now I can hardly remember anything about last week...

(4 Posts)
childof79 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:19:04

I had a migraine last week. Really bad and it lasted all week - it was awful. At one point I was hallucinating that there were red ants in front of me. I am still not quite right although much better than I was.

Anyway this morning I was trying to remember where I had put various things and recall conversations and I can't remember anything about it at all and the bits I do remember are blurry and dreamy. It is really strange and it feels like I have lost a week of my life.

Is this normal with a migraine (it is the first migraine I have ever had). It feels really strange and am actually a bit worried about myself?

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Tue 25-Jun-13 06:38:35

My migraines aren't like that, but I'm sure they can all be different. I would definitely make an appointment with your GP asap to ask them about it. Hope you feel better soon.

topsi Tue 25-Jun-13 08:30:28

yes I would see GP as soon as you can

HeathRobinson Tue 25-Jun-13 08:59:27

My first few migraines lasted that long - really feel for you.
Do see your GP, hopefully she'll be able to help you.

I've never had memory loss, but I have had speech problems when having a migraine. I was really stressed and couldn't say the words I wanted. Eg, I wanted to say table and things like desk or sideboard came out instead. Weird! I suppose it's different for everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now