Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any armchair docs fancy trying to diagnose me, please?

(2 Posts)
StickyFloor Mon 24-Jun-13 14:07:35

For 8 days I have had a pain in my lower abdomen on the left side, starting above the line of my CS scar and going vertically down towards my groin.

It came on all of a sudden and is almost constant, except when I lie flat on my back. It feels heavy, sometimes throbs, sometimes a sharp pain. As soon as I lie down it eases up but I instantly need to wee - I am weeing about 10 times a night, fine during the day.

I can't feel a specific lump or bulge but around that area feels strangely bumpy compared to the other side. I can't lie on my left as it feels like I am lying on something. If I roll onto my right I feel my belly rolling over like my guts are swishing around.

I initially thought it was UTI, took antibiotics but no change at all. Bowels perfectly normal.

My top contenders are a hernia or ovarian cyst - what do you think? I am seeing GP tomorrow and really really frightened for what it could be.

Thanks in advance!

Yonihadtoask Mon 24-Jun-13 18:43:18

Ooh, strange one.

You may be right with the ovarian cyst? If it presses on your bladder at night when you are laying down, it will make you need a wee.

Hopefully it is something and nothing.

good luck at the GPs tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now