Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Moon cup anyone?

(34 Posts)
SparklyStream Thu 20-Jun-13 22:17:46

Does anyone use one? How do you find it?

ICantRememberWhatSheSaid Fri 21-Jun-13 23:07:14

mervynmouse

Ahem, I can confirm that it is just what you need. blush

I have a ginormously headed DC too

mervynmouse Sat 22-Jun-13 08:57:01

Wonderful news ICR! grin

noisytoys Sat 22-Jun-13 09:16:45

I've used a mooncup for 4 months now and I won't use anything else now. I do have a basics panty liner on the heaviest day (a 20p box lasts 6 months) but I used to spend £6 a month on super plus extra tampons and now I don't need them its great smile

I had a mooncup for about 8 years. I've just switched to a meluna. I think I prefer the meluna

Nettee Sat 22-Jun-13 22:41:57

I thought it was ok ish while I used it for one cycle only but then it sucked out my coil (makes me worry about the vacuum effect generally) and then I developed a uti ( totally unusual for me fortunately) so I won't be using it again.

Orianne Sun 23-Jun-13 04:54:40

How far in do you push it in? I hate using tampax as I never get it sit comfortably but like the idea of a moon up.

MrsHoarder Sun 23-Jun-13 05:10:11

Love mine. Hasn't affected cramps envy but is chapter and comfier than pads or tampons. I still have boxes of tampons from before I bought my first 5 years ago.

Had to buy the bucket size after having ds, but I feel like it helps with the pelvic floor.

well i've just dropped mooncup No. 2 down the loo so now i'm trying a meluna. i like the pretty colours (fickle)

Fuzzymum1 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:49:36

I find it's the only thing that copes with my heavy periods - I have to empty it every hour and a half or so for the first couple of days but that's better than even super plus tampons - I have used it for well over a year and would never ever go back to tampons. The only problem I have found is if air gets into it before it's properly in place I get a bit of 'fanjo flatlulence' grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now