Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Root filling

(7 Posts)
TheFallenNinja Thu 20-Jun-13 17:27:00

I had a root filling last week, no problem there but the feeling on the right side of my face hasn't returned?

Is this normal?

Footle Thu 20-Jun-13 21:04:00

I'm not a medic, just someone who's had a lot of dental work done. I have never had continuing numbness, and I would get back in touch with the dentist without any further delay. It doesn't sound right - though for all I know it might be a common experience. Hope you get sorted soon.

MrsMorton Fri 21-Jun-13 06:19:57

I wouldn't say it is normal. Which tooth did you have treated? Where precisely is the numbness and is it total numbness or altered sensation? Like pins and needles etc?

TheFallenNinja Fri 21-Jun-13 18:35:05

I've had root treatments before and I remember the dentist x rayed to check the depth etc, well this one didn't, I wonder if she went too deep. That seems common.

Mrsmorton Fri 21-Jun-13 18:51:50

Do you actually want an answer or just to complain? I've asked you some questions, based on my job (dentist) to help you get to the cause of this. If you just want to complain that's fine. I'll get back to my book.

TheFallenNinja Mon 24-Jun-13 20:50:46

Sorry Mrs M. Been offline for a few days. It's just info really, just that the feeling hasn't returned and I was wondering what the cause might be.

It's not really end of the world stuff, but I've had other teeth root filled and not experienced this before.

I only ask because my partner says that the right side of my face looks 'droopy' and my right eye feels odd.

I'm booked back in with the dentist on Friday, she can take a look then.

Footle Tue 25-Jun-13 15:25:09

The possibility of nerve damage to my face would have sent me for medical advice before now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now