Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone had an Iron Infusion?

(29 Posts)
BriefcaseOfFacts Wed 19-Jun-13 20:59:50

I am anaemic and have not been able to stomach iron tablets or liquid so have been advised to have an iron infusion.

Dr Googleblush seems to suggest there can be serious side effects but presuming that it goes ok <wedges head in sand>, how did you feel immediately afterwards? I know it will take weeks for it to have an effect on my iron levels/anaemia.

Littleturkish Sat 22-Jun-13 08:24:55

Briefcase- get knocked up, you get seen at lightening speed!

;)

BriefcaseOfFacts Sat 22-Jun-13 14:22:08

LOL excellent and perfectly reasonable suggestion littleturkish grin

<rugby tackles rapidly fleeing dh>

grin

Littleturkish Sun 23-Jun-13 14:59:11

Hehe honestly- best care I've ever had was whilst pregnant. Apparently as an individual I wasn't important enough to be treated- as a mother, my appts appeared the next day (for IV it took less than 24 hrs).

Reenypip Mon 24-Jun-13 08:43:42

I've had an iron infusion and I was at the hospital for 8 hours. They do a test first then gradually increase the speed of it.
During it I felt a little sick and very hot.
After it, the next morning I felt much more achey than usual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now