Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

38th tamoxifen - waiting for summer in the bus shelter

(988 Posts)
Gigondas Sat 15-Jun-13 12:01:16

New thread.

kitkat1967 Thu 04-Jul-13 09:13:36

Malt def phone as you have been waiting ages. We had our Ops around the same time and I will be having second chemo next week so they need to get their act together for you.

Gigs glad your rads are finished - will they do your dressing at home?

Morning all, day 2 of chemo report for malt mildly nauseous before I took my tablets so taking them made me gag but now it's calming down, apart fom that all alright, I slept through the night until 5.30 gringrin

kitkat I'm wildly jealous, have been considering the Grey's boxset as have seen some series but not all, was catching up on Lovefilm Instant then they dropped it sad just a warning if you weren't aware, there's quite a big cancer story in one of later series, don't want to do spoilers but felt I should mention it! And fingers crossed for insurance payout without any hassle smile

gigs grr at having to travel so far, can they not send someone out? sad

malt definitely phone smile there's no point wrong unnecessarily, it could've to Los in the post or something! Enjoy your lunch out

Waving to everyone!

BetsyBoop Thu 04-Jul-13 09:37:07

malt - you need to ring and nag, you've been waiting ages now

gigs hope today's appt goes well and once you don't have to keep travelling backwards and forwards that your back starts to feel better. How much longer do you have to have the pump?

picture - I've still got my hair for now (first chemo last week) but I've bought a sleep cap from annabandana in anticipation - tis very comfy

As I had Emend the side effect I got from that was drowsiness sleeping like a log ness which counteracted the steriods quite nicely grin

Ok question time - do you think it's possible that I could feel myself that my lump has shrunk? It's a pointy sausage sort of shape (due to the fact there are actually three lumps merging together) - the length is still the same, but I'm sure the diameter has shrunk quite a bit - that's a good thing right? (I know they said they would scan me part way through to check the response, but I wasn't expecting to actually feel it myself)

malteserzz Thu 04-Jul-13 10:02:14

Ruby and Betsy thanks for the chemo update glad you both don't feel too bad
Betsy I don't know but it sounds like a good sign if you feel it's shrinking already smile

kitkat1967 Thu 04-Jul-13 10:20:20

Betsy - i saw onc on Tuesday and he did an examination to see if there was any change in my lump. We both agreed there wasn't and he said he hadn't expected anything this soon but remember he does not expect mine to be particulary responsive. So I think it is possible you could have a change - my onc is looking for it to feel softer if that is any help. On the other hand it has completely stopped hurting which he said was positive.

And I have a question for you other ladies - how long does the chemo work for each cycle? Does it carry on having an effect for all 3 weeks or is it basically done after a week or 2 and you just wait for the next lot?

kitkat1967 Thu 04-Jul-13 10:23:08

thanks for the warning Ruby - I'll be starting on series 1 so should be safe for a while. Mind you I sat through my first chemo watching Stepmum so my viewing choices aren't always sensible (didn't know what it was about and it was the only film I had loaded)!!

BetsyBoop Thu 04-Jul-13 10:33:35

thanks kitkat tis definitely softer (it is almost back to how it felt when I decided there was definitely something going on and went to GP) and not hurting at all now either, fingers crossed they are good signs. (seeing onc next Tues)

kitkat1967 Thu 04-Jul-13 10:46:20

wow Betsy that sounds really promising.
Are you def having a mx though? I thought that was the plan for you? or will the plans change if the lump really shrinks?

BetsyBoop Thu 04-Jul-13 10:49:49

It's definitely mx whatever, as it's multifocal - too much risk of recurrence otherwise (still seriously thinking about a double mx)

just checking in -been to garage to get noisy rattle sorted on little car- all ok,but it needs a new cam belt -grr
Can''t catch up just now but wanted to wish everyone well today, those having treatment or just feeling wibbly.

kitkat1967 Thu 04-Jul-13 10:52:35

what is multifocal?

but surgeon will still be pleased if it shrinks as it helps with 'the margins' even for mx I believe. Perhaps you will be his start patient!!

kitkat1967 Thu 04-Jul-13 10:53:21

star that is!! envy

multifocal is where the cancer is in different places within the breast...

now shift yourselves new thread !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now