Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

38th tamoxifen - waiting for summer in the bus shelter

(988 Posts)
Gigondas Sat 15-Jun-13 12:01:16

New thread.

malteserzz Sun 16-Jun-13 17:55:29

Hugs to everyone who's feeling down its not surprising with this crappy illness hmm
I've had a lovely day at cadburys world, they give you a pot of melted chocolate and you choose what to put in it, so I had biscuit pieces, ds had marshmallows and dd and dh had white chocolate buttons. Then further round you get more melted chocolate- we may have kept walking past that part grin
Lots of free bars and bought more from the shop so I'll throw chocolate on the trolley

Gigondas Sun 16-Jun-13 18:05:45

Waves to all (while counting how much cash she has in case needs to bail Copt if she smashes the shrine).

Sympathy to those feeling rubbish , esp sparkle, trice and ruby, but sometimes it's hard to remember the real you, not the patient . I have felt most sorry for myself as felt sick today and really sore (back ache as sit so awkwardly). But feeling bit better after painkiller. I must say thinking this is only going to get worse and what is point as so useless (my ineffective left arm and lugging a pump getting to me- how you stuck it for 3 months hnd has me admiring you).

Topsy- hope you enjoyed fancy lunch.

Copt- your dog story made me laugh. Is rihanna deafening? Could just about hear it last night.

Hnd- how was soft play?

Back later as mini gig here and wants phone.

topsyturner Sun 16-Jun-13 18:34:06

I'm baaaaaaaack !

Lunch was indeed good .
Good food .
Lots of wine .
Great company .

Knackered now !

The White Queen starts tonight . I love an historical drama I do grin

Hope everybody has had a good day
And yes , Cancer does indeed suck !

topsyturner Sun 16-Jun-13 18:34:55

<adds coppers from bottom of purse to Copts bail fund>

malteserzz Sun 16-Jun-13 19:35:04

Topsy what did you have for lunch?
White queen does look good I will record it as it clashes with big brother !

topsyturner Sun 16-Jun-13 20:24:45

I had , what I believe is most commonly referred to as "everything" for my lunch ..... grin
<damn you hotel buffet>

malteserzz Sun 16-Jun-13 20:37:40

Got to love a buffet !
Little bit of everything

jchocchip Sun 16-Jun-13 21:02:42

Lazy afternoon here. Managed to pot up a few plants smile and break a window in the greenhouse sad white Queen starting now...

how did you do that jchoc ??
Went to meditation - my legs went numb perched on my meditation bench,usually it's really comfy- so I spent the half hour trying to not think about how much they hurt ! gah !

malteserzz Sun 16-Jun-13 22:18:29

How was white queen Jchoc ?
Mas that's annoying hope you feel at least a bit relaxed after it though ?

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight, what appointments have you all got this week ? X

kitkat1967 Sun 16-Jun-13 22:21:24

Hi Malt - I have a long list of appts next week (as you already know) but have added in having my hair cut short tomorrow - not sure how I feel about that.

You're getting your results aren't you? Will you get them from your surgeon or oncologist?

jchocchip Sun 16-Jun-13 22:21:55

Opened window to let out bee and forced window shut oops. Have duct taped it for the moment.
Pain about bench grr.
Just had to call cat in, getting dark. Usually he comes in early evening but was playing out today...
Went past cadbury world last week but it was 6pm so it was shut. I've only ever got as far as the shop. Nighty night everyone.

topsyturner Sun 16-Jun-13 22:32:09

Have recorded White Queen , shall watch it tomorrow when DH and DD are out of the house .

Got DS home tomorrow . His school is closed as Obama is coming to town to visit . And a lot of the roads into town are bring closed off , and public transport is being cancelled .
Don't think the CIA trust is folks from Belfast very much ... grin

Wow 37th went quickly. Sorry haven't been around much - work is definitely coming between me and mumsnet.

Good luck this week malt and kitkat. Welcome to all the new folk. Sorry you are here.

smee how are you feeling? Resting up I hope.

gigs hope your pain eases soon. Does radiotherapy start for you soon?

Waves to everyone. Nothing much new here. DDs dancing show last night which was fab. GCSEs still ongoing here - only 4 more to go.

Missing catching up.

malteserzz Sun 16-Jun-13 22:56:08

Good luck with the hair Kitkat how short does it have to be for the cold cap ? Yes my results are from my surgeon on thursday I think I get an oncologist after that but I'm sticking my head in the sand about that so far
Hi Gracie glad you're ok and busy smile
Night again x

kitkat1967 Sun 16-Jun-13 23:02:41

Malt - it doesn't have to be short but may be more successful if it is so I thought I'd have the chop - also if it does fall out it will not be such a shock I guess. It's not long now - just reaches shoulders but with long layers.

Good luck on Thursday - are you waiting on Lymph node results? And anything else?

KurriKurri Sun 16-Jun-13 23:04:31

Just popping in to mark place and say goodnight to all, hope everyone had a good restful weekend, loads of good vibes for everyone with appointments, tests, treatment and any other challenges next week xx

In other news - I went to a fete yesterday, and won a large fancy doll in a 'guess the name of the doll' competition grin - what on earth am I going to do with it? (Its one of those china type ones I think - so not really suitable to give to any of the children I know) - I may have to re raffle it!

Sorry, that wasn't a very jolly post for Father's Day.

I don't care about the hair (much) and can live with one boob, just loosing hands and feet as well felt one step to far.

I'll get over it and I'll even be sparkly again if it does happen I'm just having a bit of a mope for now. Sunnier internal weather due tomorrow for sure.

MAS - I had the same uncomfortable meditation today.

(Feeling of hands and feet, no plans to loose the whole parts at this point grin)

Gigondas Mon 17-Jun-13 07:04:20

Sparkle- it's ok to feel shit. Best really not to pretend it isn't but go with horrid feelings and you will get your sparkle back at some point.

Kitkat- short haircut is good idea. I found I actually really liked my hair short so was a nice surprise. Also if cold cap doesn't work, it is less of a shock when doesn't fall out.

quite why Obama is so thoughtless as to disrupt your crochet and tv viewing is most thoughtless topsy.

Mas- would a cushion help you next week? Must have been distracting.

Kurri- do they even make those dos now? You could Ebay it.

Gracie- hugs , good to hear from you.

Malt- are you all chocolated out?

Waves to everyone else- dressing change today then radio starts on Thursday. Am feeling very sore , weak and fed up so not looking forward to this.

malteserzz Mon 17-Jun-13 07:04:43

Oh gosh sparkle I was just going to say I didn't realise I would lose my hands and feet !

I'm waiting for node results on Thursday plus the pathology from the lump, I have the biopsy results from it but this will tell me exactly the grade etc and if they got clear margins

Meant to say the other day I was quite surprised people were telling ruby she shouldn't have to feel sick during chemo I thought that was normal, I'm expecting it to feel like a very bad hangover ?
Think I would re raffle the doll too Kurri ! Shame you didn't win wine or something useful !
Topsy hope the Obama visit goes ok, imagine the security for that

malteserzz Mon 17-Jun-13 07:06:33

Morning gigs yes all chocolates out and had a great day, good luck this week

Gigondas Mon 17-Jun-13 07:22:45

It might be a normal side effect malt but you don't have to suffer as there are many drugs to control it so ask if you feel sick as sometimes you need to change/add to drugs to get right mix.

kitkat1967 Mon 17-Jun-13 07:29:04

Hi Malt - my onc says i shouldn't be sick with the chemo -maybe a couple of days of nausea. He says he 'has something' for any symptom and any problems in the first cycle he can fix for the next time. I guess it also depends what chemo you get but i will report back after Thursday grin.

If your nodes and margins are clear does that mean you are done with surgery then?

Was alarmed at the idea of losing hands and feet grin ! My legs certainly felt as if they'd never move again after perching on my bench..might sit next time and put feet on bench,which is comfy.
Hope everyone has a good week- rads/results/treatment -wise. I am off to support group on Wednesday,then bloods on Thurs,onc on Fri.
T's last 3 exams this week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now