Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone know what this sensation is?

(16 Posts)
FattyMcChubster Thu 23-May-13 22:55:25

I've had this weird sensation for ages now and it's hard to explain so I've never really bothered before!
I can often feel what I think is running liquid on my skin, as if I've spilt water on myself but when I feel or look- nothing! It happens on different parts of me but mostly my legs.
I've also had the feeling of a bee or wasp on my skin, a sort of 'buzz' and I've been utterly convinced there's something under my clothes but again, nothing.

FattyMcChubster Thu 23-May-13 22:55:54

So am I utterly bizarre or is this normal and I've just not heard of it? grin

QueenOfCats Thu 23-May-13 22:59:58

I have that!! It's a really strange sensation!

Mine was due to bit B12 deficiency - if it's bothering you perhaps ask for a blood test to rule this and similar out.

redfairy Thu 23-May-13 23:04:35

Interesting! I get this around my ankles and lower legs. I put it down to poor circulation as I'm very overweight, varicose veins and have cankles. Not the most attractive portrait I'm painting is it?

FattyMcChubster Thu 23-May-13 23:05:07

Ooh I've not heard of that. I've never managed to google it as 'buzzing sensation' and 'liquid sensation' bring up a few shockconfused suggestions...smile

QueenOfCats Thu 23-May-13 23:06:05

It can also be a sign of neuropathy - are you diabetic?

FattyMcChubster Thu 23-May-13 23:09:11

Red- you sound gorgeous wink
Queen- I've no idea. Never checked so I'm guessing not.

recall Thu 23-May-13 23:10:18

Ive had it on my foot, I was convinced there was cold water on the soles, it lasted a few days then went away. I think I read it can be to do with a "bad back" and the vertebra pressing on the nerves. It felt so real.

monsterchild Thu 23-May-13 23:13:20

It can also be a sign of hormonal changes, are you near menopause?

FattyMcChubster Thu 23-May-13 23:15:03

Recall, I've been so confused when my leg or whatever wasn't wet as it felt so so real.
Monster, no I hope not!

mummywantsaliedown Thu 23-May-13 23:17:31

That happens to me a lot! No clue what it's about. Just convinced myself that I'm not right in the head or something... confused

starfishmummy Thu 23-May-13 23:25:37

Is it forMication (not to be confused with fornication)?

EccentricElastic Thu 23-May-13 23:28:23

I have Fibromyalgia - which affects muscles, immune system and nervous system - and often experience what you have described here!

monsterchild Thu 23-May-13 23:30:08

Its definitely neurological, as recall said it could be a sign of nerve injury. Have you had any sort of injury?

FattyMcChubster Fri 24-May-13 08:29:02

Sorry, fell asleep. No accidents. No illness, medications or anything else I can think of. Just a rather odd feeling!

squirrel996 Sat 25-May-13 08:19:21

it often feels like someone has chucked hot water on my legs, have had this for about 20 years! I have fibromyalgia and back problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now