Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Quitting Smoking One Day at a Time

(281 Posts)
AgentFelix Mon 20-May-13 00:16:39

I took my last puff at 23.59 and I am not going to smoke for the rest of the day, or the day after that, or the day after that ...

Bit of a blow at 00.00 when I gathered up my ashtray, lighter and 4 remaining cigarettes to find I had an unopened pack of 20 hidden on my desk. DP now has the somewhat crappy job of distributing said pack somewhere in the neighbourhood. I was going to post them through a (smoking) neighbours letter box but I don't know her very well and thought it might creep her out.

Does anyone want to buddy up?

I'm going to make myself accountable to this thread. Support is very welcome.

DP has just come back and assured me he has left fags where I won't find them. I just hope that the person who comes across them hasn't just started their own quit.

namechange74 Wed 22-Jan-14 22:16:38

bumping for the quitters!
Encouragement welcome folks - feeling the strain!

scarfaceace Thu 23-Jan-14 08:47:28

Keep up the good work ladies. I really feel for you and am sending you all loads of encouragement. What a great job you're doing - feel proud of yourselves.

I gave up nearly five years ago after smoking very very heavily for 35 years, so I really know what you're going through. Stay strong.

ruralreynard Thu 23-Jan-14 12:43:12

Last cigarette last nighthmm like you ace been smoking about 35 years. Lots of quit attempts over the last 20 years. Longest 9 months about 3 years ago. Helped along by a couple of major surgeries which meant had to try to quit.
name hope you got through last night.
On e cigs this time, first experience of these. Doing absolutely nothing to deaden the craving so far sad. Oh well onwards and upwards smile

scarfaceace Thu 23-Jan-14 19:21:51

Good Luck Rural. I hear that e cigs are a huge help. Am I right in thinking that the actual craving only lasts a few minutes? If that is so, it's a matter of just getting through those few minutes - one craving at a time.

You know what? You're all amazing for doing what you're doing and I'm with you every step of the way, encouraging you and urging you to keep at it. You'll be so pleased with yourselves if you can do this. Please report back so we can all see how you're getting on.

ruralreynard Thu 23-Jan-14 20:55:16

Coming up to 24hours without a cig. Been puffing away on the e cig most of the day. Not sure if has helped but it has given me a headache.
smile

scarfaceace Sat 25-Jan-14 08:02:09

Just thinking about you all and wondering how you're all getting on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now