Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

What does a 'satisfactory' blood test result mean?

(5 Posts)
Royalmailer Wed 15-May-13 18:33:04

Had a range of things tested, all normal except one thing 'satisfactory'- this is the thing I think is wrong.

Does satisfactory mean the same thing as normal? Was it just a linguistic slip on behalf of doctors sec or does satisfactory mean the same thing as normal?

digerd Wed 15-May-13 19:40:53

I'm not a DR, but did you get the results written down showing the min/max ranges acceptable as normal?
Satisfactory does mean OK, but don't know why the others were called normal and one satisfactory?

Normal could mean bang in the middle and the satisfactory at the lower or higher acceptable range.
Your GP should be able to answer that question as worrying you.

awaywego1 Fri 17-May-13 07:48:02

I think satisfactory means its nearer to the limits of the reference range.

NurseRatchet Fri 17-May-13 07:53:32

Not all bloods have a "normal". Depends what it was. Not that I think satisfactory is anything to worry about.

Ragusa Fri 17-May-13 10:17:48

What is the 'satisfactory' reading in relation to?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now