Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

unusual bleeding

(5 Posts)
Gemziewooo Tue 14-May-13 22:02:55

I came off depo injection in september 2012, after two year, and got my first period in february 2013. They were on and off, but the last one, which i still have, has lasted a month with very unusual bleeding. Very red not like a period. I am starting to worry abit and cant get an appointment to see GP for a few days. Could the unusual bleeding just be from coming off depo? I am 23 with 2 children.. Never had smear as gp said i cudnt hv 1 until im 25.... I cant sleep or eat i am that worried

babyrose Wed 15-May-13 07:31:30

Hi, I'm on cd11 and still bleeding but only slight now. I had the docs on Mon gave urine sample and blood tests checking for iron, kidney and liver function.

Why do u have to wait til 25 to have a smear?

Please still eat I know u don't feel like it but you need to keep ure strength up. Is the bleeding heavy?

babyrose Wed 15-May-13 07:33:35

Hi, I'm on cd11 and still bleeding but only slight now. I had the docs on Mon gave urine sample and blood tests checking for iron, kidney and liver function.

Why do u have to wait til 25 to have a smear?

Please still eat I know u don't feel like it but you need to keep ure strength up. Is the bleeding heavy?

babyrose Wed 15-May-13 07:34:58

That wasn't meant to post again!

I don't get why your doc has said 25, have you ever had a smear? You should get one as soon as your active.

Gemziewooo Wed 15-May-13 13:45:24

No the doctor sed cells have not yet properly development until the age of 25. A smear before this age could cause false results. I am goin to see GP on friday. I am going to ask again. Thanks for your comment xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now