Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

trapped wind

(6 Posts)
shannen123 Tue 14-May-13 10:08:14

Someonepleasehelp

shannen123 Tue 14-May-13 10:10:28

Okay, I have terrible trapped wind and I've had it for two days now, its extremely painful and I've no idea how to get rid of it, I don't have peppermint tea (which I've heard helps) and its a 2 mile walk to my nearest shop to buy medicine (which isn't possible while I'm in so much pain) can someone please give me some advice on how to get rid of it?!

Austin7 Tue 14-May-13 14:06:58

Oh I've just read your post - hope it has eased a bit by now. A hot water bottle pressed against your abdomen may soothe the pain and release the wind. Sometimes I've resorted to lying on the floor on my stomach and pressing on the trapped area too and getting someone to rub my lower back at the same time. Lying in a warm bath too can relax the muscle. Hope that helps. Fennel tea, peppermint tea or capsules help too.

Footle Tue 14-May-13 14:16:46

How do you know it's trapped wind ?

BabyStone Tue 14-May-13 14:38:03

Doing any kind of stretching/yoga type moves might help, or lay on your back, bring your knees up to your chest and hold, then straighten again, repeat a few times, see if that helps
Have you tried drinking flat coke/lemonade, this has helped me before (helps with the build up of acid in stomach which might be causing your trapped wind)

Also, see if you have any Rennie or any indigestion type tablets somewhere in the house

hope it goes soon!

Jestrin Wed 15-May-13 19:47:46

Are you sure it's trapped wind? I get this because of IBS. when I do I go down onto all fours and then lower front half so bottom is in the air.

Or I try and eat something so that my stomach has something to work on and you can expel the air. But hopefully it has eased for you now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now