Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

back pain again

(30 Posts)
gallifrey Sat 11-May-13 13:03:08

I am now on tramadol and paracetamol every 4 hours plus naproxen morning and night.
My back is still painful and I have tingling in my feet and burning in my right leg. The pain is mainly on the right of my back and now I can feel the muscles in the upper part of my back is in spasm and it hurts to breathe in.
I looked on NHS direct yesterday and it said to call an ambulance!!
But tbh when this happened last time and I was incontinent they didn't do a bloody thing and I was in hospital for 3 weeks. I can't do that again there is nobody to look after my 2 girls and dh is being unhelpful as usual and wittering on about how much he is away next week. I don't know what to do sad

gallifrey Tue 14-May-13 21:56:58

hiya thank you, nothing much to report and yet again I feel fobbed off by the dr. Apparently it's only if you are incontinent they treat it as an emergency. I was incontinent last time (3 years ago) and they didn't do anything then anyway. I have been referred for another mri but who knows when that will be!
I obviously don't make enough of a fuss to be taken seriously.
Thank you for all your support everyone it's much appreciated smile

buildingmycorestrength Wed 15-May-13 07:27:08

Good to hear from you. Are you still not able to wee properly? Is your DH away now?

gallifrey Wed 15-May-13 09:36:16

He has been working until 8pm the last 2 nights, and tonight he is away. Yesterday and the night before I was crying in pain by the time he came home. I just keep taking tramadol and it's making me feel very drowsy but I can't stop doing anything, my dd still has to go to school and be picked up etc. My 2 yr old dd is a bit of a handful and she is fine all the while we are home but if we go out anywhere she wants to run away!

Apparently although I feel my weeing is not normal, the doctor was only interested if I was incontinent!

buildingmycorestrength Wed 15-May-13 09:40:52

You are free to seek a second opinion and/or maybe call NHS direct?

gallifrey Wed 15-May-13 09:47:45

I am still really worried about going into hospital again like last time, I was there for 3 weeks and they didn't do a single thing and I was sent home in a wheelchair with no support or help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now