Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Itchy spotty scalp and neck

(6 Posts)
BoffinMum Mon 06-May-13 00:56:12

I get this sometimes. Piriton works and eventually it settles.

LittleBells Mon 06-May-13 00:21:41

I would pop to the doctor's, constant itching is awful sad hope you find out what it is.

ItchingLikeCrazy Sun 05-May-13 22:57:36

I don't dye my hair and have not changed anything at all.

I thought it was my shampoo and bought drorganics tea tree oil shampoo and used that yesterday. It was sweet relief for a while yesterday after I washed my hair but by evening, it was back to normal itchiness levels. But I think it takes several washes for the shampoo build up to go though, is that right?

I've had my mum check my hair thoroughly. I do have a lot of thick long hair though, that is why I am paranoid about checking for nits/lice everyday since the itching started. Nothing there though.

Plus it's weird why I would get spots on my chin and on my tummy (just noticed that I missed that out in my OP).

LittleBells Sun 05-May-13 22:37:33

Sounds like an allergic reaction maybe? Have you tried changing your shampoo/conditioner to something mild, temporarily? You can develop an allergy to a product you weren't previously allergic to (sometimes the manufacturers change ingredients).

Have you dyed your hair recently? Changed your shower gel? Face cream? Body lotion? Washing powder? (could be from close contact with your pillow?) The fact it is concentrated around your scalp, neck and top of your back really suggests hair products though.

bamboostalks Sun 05-May-13 22:24:17

Are you absolutely sure it's not headlice? Get someone else to fine comb your hair.

Bedbugs?

Allergic reaction to shampoo?

ItchingLikeCrazy Sun 05-May-13 22:19:28

About a week ago I started getting spots on my neck, the top of my back and my scalp. I also started getting itchy. The itchiness is driving me crazy. It's awful. I have checked for nits and lice, but nothing. The itchiness has got so bad that I am scratching constantly. I also have started feeling itchy on the rest of the body, not sure if it is psychological?

I have had the odd spot on my face and on my too.

Any ideas anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now