Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Went to dr for shoulder problem got told got lump above collar bone

(4 Posts)
Clueless2727 Sat 04-May-13 20:33:04

Went to dr today about problem with shoulder that had for a while. dr told me i've got a lump above my collar bone. am private so been referred to thyroid dr, need to have blood test, mri and ct scans. shoulder problem probably mechanical injury, that's not serious although in light of lump that's why having scans. Completely freaked out. Looked on internet and obviously just comes up with cancer. Am moving to singapore in 8 weeks. Now got to wait until next to start all tests but feel very overwhelmed. We've rented our house, am ready to move. Don't know what to say without swearing, 😞

gerbilsarefun Sat 04-May-13 20:54:14

I've got an overactive thyroid. My lump (a goitre) is at the front of my throat, although it is more of a swelling than a hard lump. My OH had a hard. bony lump removed from just above his collar bone, a few years ago. It was given a name, can't remember what, but it was harmless. He just had it removed with local anaesthetic, and was in and out of hospital within about an hour.

WouldBeHarrietVane Sat 04-May-13 20:57:48

I have a lump in my thyroid - is just treatable underactive thyroid.

I think cancer is less likely, but fwiw if it was thyroid cancer it has a very high cure rate - a family friend has recently made a full recovery.

Clueless2727 Sun 05-May-13 20:05:06

Thanks, think it's a lymph gland. Trying not to look on google as just comes up with lymphoma. Will just have to wait and see, but it's certainly not good timing, but then no illness ever is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now