Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Strange bruises

(13 Posts)
lisad123everybodydancenow Mon 20-May-13 06:42:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FarelyKnuts Wed 08-May-13 16:36:18

TLC and Treats would be nice. Haven't told anyone ie:DP there is any reason to need them though just yet. No use worrying two of us.

lisad123everybodydancenow Wed 08-May-13 15:48:19

Elibean Wed 08-May-13 14:35:26

Ah yes, definitely stay away from dr G!

I had a friend at secondary school who bruised easily. She had a platelet deficiency, which was easily treated. Honestly, I wouldn't worry. If you've had a bad bout of viruses and infections recently, you may just be generally below par - in which case, you'll be eligible for TLC and treats smile

FarelyKnuts Wed 08-May-13 14:21:36

Thanks. Not much point in worrying until I know more. Am definitely staying away from Dr Google as well hmm

Elibean Wed 08-May-13 14:06:45

Odds are it's something easy to sort out smile

Well done for going!

FarelyKnuts Wed 08-May-13 11:53:37

GP took some blood tests, is a bit concerned about poor immunity (flu and repeated throat abscess and infections lately) and chronic tiredness as well as the bruising. Should have results Monday.
Bit concerned myself now! I thought it would be "oh you are prob just clumsy and didn't realise".

FarelyKnuts Mon 06-May-13 11:41:29

Thanks Lisa. I will mention it to my GP next time Im there.

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 05-May-13 23:25:23

FarelyKnuts Sat 04-May-13 16:23:00

Thanks Elibean I thought that initially, that I had just done it accidentally and not remembered but there are multiple bruises. Surely I'd remember at least one?
Guess I better mention it to the GP just in case, seems silly to go for a few bruises though.

Elibean Sat 04-May-13 13:25:49

There are platelet conditions that can cause this, or you may just have forgotten something that could have caused it (sounds daft I know, but I've done this when busy/rushing around/stressed!).

I would get GP to check you over. Some spontaneous bruising can point to underlying conditions that need treating.

FarelyKnuts Sat 04-May-13 11:11:39

Bump for the daytime crowd

FarelyKnuts Sat 04-May-13 01:11:53

I have a very large bruise on the top of my foot/ankle (and it's sore) but no recollection of doing anything to get it, then when I checked I have three other bruises, two on my legs and one on the inside of my arm.
I haven't fallen, no one has hit me, surely I would notice if I banged myself hard enough to cause multiple bruises?
Anyone have any ideas on spontaneously appearing bruises?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now