Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

My bad knee- come & diagnose me!

(3 Posts)
MegBusset Sun 05-May-13 18:19:50

I would get a referral to podiatrist/orthotic consultant. My GP misdiagnosed my dodgy knee as arthritis, told me I'd be stuck with it for life and just to take ibuprofen; NHS physio was unable to diagnose at all ("I can see something's not right but I don't know what"); eventually went to a private osteo who saw at once that I had ligament pain due to uneven leg length. Got orthotic insert which fixed the problem straight away.

hiddenhome Sun 05-May-13 18:08:06

Ask for a referal to a podiatry department. A shoe orthotic may help smile

directoroflegacy Fri 03-May-13 20:48:06

So I've reached that age if having a bad knee(41!)
A few weeks ago I bent down to clean bathroom floor(serves me right!)
Not an unusual movement or anything but I felt something come out of where it should be(this didn't really hurt)

After a couple of weeks went to dr who prescribed Anti-inflammitories but I had to stop taking them after a shirt while as they caused stomach problems ( which was worse than my knee!!)

Anyway now the pain has got worse but it is strange - I can walk and swim fine
But going to sit and then getting up again is v painful
Also bad is if my knee is horizontal so in bed is bad and I can't lie on it

Pain is on the outside of my right knee.

Anybody any ideas? (am going to dr again next week)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now